Used 2008 Nissan Xterra X SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Very pleased, minor complaints
By SgtJoe

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Xterra, it was very affordable and meets all of my needs. The only complaints are the seats are kinda cheap. Material for seats get worn fast. The other complaint is that the X model did not come with crossbars for the roof rack! Why have a roof rack without cross members and they cost almost $250. All and all I love my Xterra and the six speed makes it very fun to drive.

six speed manual

better material for seats and cross members for roof rack with all models

Xterra - Xtra Great
By Walter

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After owning sports cars for 26 years, Toyota Turbo Supra, Dodge Stealth R/S, I finally bought a practical vehicle (of course I kept the Stealth as well!). To my surprise the performance of my 2008 Xterra has been great, I've only lost about 1.5 seconds 0 to 60 (6.9 on timed track), handling is great and the fit and finish is wonderful. The 6 speed keeps it as a "driver's" SUV. My kids finally can fit comfortably and my over all mileage has been 22 MPG. It's a tough, beautiful performance SUV, I may just keep it forever.

High performance engine, 6 spd. Back seats easily conform to what ever use. Ride is exceptional for a "truck". Cargo carrying capacity, including sturdy roof rack.

I am perfectly happy with it as it is.

Most Happy Camper!
By Priscilla Pike

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Nissan, from a BT-10 Datsun, Pathfinders, 280-Z, to my new Xterra, and I am most pleased. I feel so very safe with its remarkable handling and ease in driving.

Its fabulous transmission -- have not wanted anything but a stick shift, but this automatic transmission is okay by me -- I can easily identify what the gears are doing and that extra low is remarkable, as I live in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, and offroad is the name of the game.

Just keep in mind short people appreciate your vehicles, too. I've had to attach a lower handle to my rear door in the back in order to pull it down and close it. And of course put on a side step, which is great.

After 100 miles
By Happysofar

2008 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted the best of both worlds - hauling / towing power, decent fuel economy & off-road ability. Looked at the Toyota FJ which is not a vehicle for a family. Went back to Edmunds and saw the xterra FJ comparison. Bought the X manual 6 spd. It drives very well, it's comfortable, great visibility & a fun ride. Interior is more than sufficient for our needs. Not sure what the "cheap plastic" complaint means. I can't see anything wrong with the vehicle - I really like everything about it.

All this truck under $20K with incentives is a great deal! Cruise, keyless entry on a bare bones model. This is a lot of truck!

Have roof crossbars included on the X package? I'll think about the improvements, but for now, it's looking hard to find any.