2008 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Very pleased, minor complaints
By SgtJoe on 12/11/08 21:32 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Xterra, it was very affordable and meets all of my needs. The only complaints are the seats are kinda cheap. Material for seats get worn fast. The other complaint is that the X model did not come with crossbars for the roof rack! Why have a roof rack without cross members and they cost almost $250. All and all I love my Xterra and the six speed makes it very fun to drive.

Xterra - Xtra Great
By Walter on 10/03/08 18:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After owning sports cars for 26 years, Toyota Turbo Supra, Dodge Stealth R/S, I finally bought a practical vehicle (of course I kept the Stealth as well!). To my surprise the performance of my 2008 Xterra has been great, I've only lost about 1.5 seconds 0 to 60 (6.9 on timed track), handling is great and the fit and finish is wonderful. The 6 speed keeps it as a "driver's" SUV. My kids finally can fit comfortably and my over all mileage has been 22 MPG. It's a tough, beautiful performance SUV, I may just keep it forever.

Most Happy Camper!
By Priscilla Pike on 05/30/08 22:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Nissan, from a BT-10 Datsun, Pathfinders, 280-Z, to my new Xterra, and I am most pleased. I feel so very safe with its remarkable handling and ease in driving.

After 100 miles
By Happysofar on 02/22/08 20:22 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted the best of both worlds - hauling / towing power, decent fuel economy & off-road ability. Looked at the Toyota FJ which is not a vehicle for a family. Went back to Edmunds and saw the xterra FJ comparison. Bought the X manual 6 spd. It drives very well, it's comfortable, great visibility & a fun ride. Interior is more than sufficient for our needs. Not sure what the "cheap plastic" complaint means. I can't see anything wrong with the vehicle - I really like everything about it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.