Toyota Guy loves this truck!
By kycarguy on
2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I'm Toyota. I think the Tacoma is the best gasoline truck ever built. With that being said, the 05-10 Tacoma and 4-runners are too darn expensive. The 07' Nissan Xterra SE was a great compromise. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of room in the front. The transmission could use the extra gear though. It likes fuel but I'm pedal to the metal man. My VDC light comes on and stays on from time to time but when I test it, it seems to work properly. I'm at 104k. No other issues. Rides smooth. Fairly quiet. Tons of cargo space/hidden compartments. Love how it looks. And it was half the price of a Toyota truck with similar age and miles. I wish it was the off road package but the SE is not a bad trim level.
Favorite Features
Ride height. Simplistic interior. 4.0 has plenty of hp. Rugged looks that work. Very capable off road. The step on the bumper. Rockford Stereo is perfect for me. AUX input. Hidden storage all over inside and out. Beefy roof rack. With these big ol' rugged terrain tires it looks like a super toy man! Made in Tennessee! The only good thing to come out of that state. Go cats!
Suggested Improvements
Suspension is weak. Had to work out several rattles inside the cabin.. The plastic on the exterior fades and looks crappy if you don't condition it. Auto LSD would be great on this ride.