Fun Ride Terrible Gas Mileage
By xterra on
2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
It's advertised at 18 city/21hwy. Mine has never done better than 17mpg no matter how I drive. I also drove the tacoma before I bought my X. I wanted a 6 speed. The tacoma drives like a car. The X feels like a full size truck. It doesn't have the girly frills of other trucks. It has a ton of power. I slip it in 3rd at highway speed and roar right by people. I got it to haul my mastiffs to shows and it fits that bill great, plenty of room and height for them. Get a cheap rubber mat so your dogs dont slip on the plastic. The only time it doesnt have enough power is in 6th on hills hauling dogs or people. No prob 5th will have you gaining speed on that same hill.
Favorite Features
Tons of power, drives like a real truck, back seats lay down flat, backend is plastic that is just wiped down to clean, thick steering wheel, smooth shifting, a goat offroad, positrack rear end with a locker, plenty of room with back seats laying flat, no frills, much less money than toyota.
Suggested Improvements
The xterra has a powerful thirst for gas. Maybe drop some ponies in exchange for more MPGs