2007 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: Bad News Xterras

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Review

Bad News Xterras
By Daury on

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased my Xterra. Within the first 3000 miles the car has been serviced twice for a water leak from the AC in the cabin. The dealership tells me that my problem is very common and that "technically, the warranty does not cover leaks" but that they "fixed it out of courtesy." I did take it offroad and it performed like a champ. Great ground clearance and power to spare. About the car: if I drive like grandma I get 17 mpg highway, if I drive normal, I get about 14 mpg. The car looks huge from the outside but it is a tiny cabin inside. I have to move up the driver seat to squeeze anyone in the back seat. Do yourself a favor, don't buy it.

It is a powerful car with a great ride. Plenty of storage space. Roof rack is standard. Love the powerful stance and style.

The gas mileage is just unacceptable and window sticker mileage is not attainable - trust me, I have tried. The car is smaller than the average sedan inside. Fix my water leak once and for all!