Used 2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

You Gotta Love It
By Ron E.

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Comfortable and capable off road vehicle. Mine is the Off Road version. Reliability is top notch. Getting in & out of rear doors is a little tight. Fuel economy is close to the 08 rating, not the 07 one. Ride is very comfortable for a 4x4 and seats are the best. Best 4x4 vehicle I have ever owned. You gotta love it !! If entry to rear seats is a problem for you, get a Pathfinder but expect to pay $5k more (approx.)

Favorite Features

Interior comfort. Mechanically bullet proof. Easy to drive on or off road.

Durable SUV
By JC

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Xterra after months of research and comparisons with FJ Cruiser and Jeeps. I liked the Xterra's features the best and I'm glad that I purchased it. Nissan has provided a highly functional and cost effective SUV. I have found that the driver displays and features are well thought out for use and durability. It has been an easy vehicle to drive in city traffic. I recently drove it in 4WD during a heavy snow storm and found that it is a solid performer in poor weather conditions. Powerful headlights provide great visibility at night. Best SUV for the money.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are good view sitting up high, large engine with good excelleration, smooth seamless shifting between gears, dashboard controls are easy to find and use, large side mirrors, fit and finish is solid, fold flat rear seats for cargo storage, plug-in power outlet in rear cargo area.

Suggested Improvements

Improve stereo sound quality in basic model.

XTerra is Awesome
By CPO Sharky

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle. I originally wanted an FJ Cruiser but I didn't realize that the XTerra was in my price range (a little cheaper than the FJ actually). Once I took it for a test drive that was all I needed to change my mind. You get a lot of vehicle for the price!! Also test drove the Jeep Liberty and it is garbage compared to the XTerra!

Favorite Features

The looks, plenty of storage, good interior room, excellent power & great off road!

Suggested Improvements

I would always want better gas mileage - but I didn't expect great gas mileage when looking for this type of vehicle.

Just Right
By JT

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have been extremely happy with our Xterra. It is not full of "creature comforts" but makes up for it with functionality. It is easy to carry bikes, dogs or haul 8 ft pieces of lumber. Pleasant on road manners for a truck. Off road ability is impressive. If you want a true sport utility vehicle this is an excellent choice.

Favorite Features

Nice stereo with iPod jack. Fold flat front passenger seat. Rubberized interior in rear.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage.

Xterra Rocks!
By X-fan

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Simply a great vehicle at a great price. The powertrain is unmatched in its price class and even at the $40K level. There's no direct competition - any Ford, GM, or Toyota SUV will cost you 10K more. It's not meant to be a loaded luxury ride, just a go anywhere utility vehicle that rides, handles, and drives exceptionally well. After 15K miles, I can say I'd be back at the Nissan dealer to buy another one if mine were to disappear today. Mileage has been good, consistently at 20-21 mpg after switching to Mobil 1 synthetic oil (75% highway driving). All I can say is go drive one before buying any other small or midsize SUV. I started out liking it, but it didn't take long to love it.

Favorite Features

Engine, power, ride, vehicle dynamic control. Performance and traction in rain and snow is great, even in 2WD. Seats are comfortable, ride is very smooth & quiet. The protected cargo area is functional and just a great idea. It's a great balance of ride, power and handling that is hard to beat.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing major. Interior materials could be better. The 4 vented disc brakes are a great idea, but they are a little spongy and could be tuned better. Nissan should offer some other cool color options beyond the solar yellow that would help make this truck even more of a standout from the crowd.