Used 2007 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Further Update
By Hiker / Camper

2007 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

At 40,000 miles had Michelin LTX M/52 ORWL Tires installed. Also new brake pads, front wheels. Driver and passenger side engine mounts had to be replaced. Seems a little early for this to happen. So, my reliability rating has fallen.

Overall Good
By Richard

2007 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Lots of HP for the gross weight giving the vehicle a lot of pull. Has a good design interior with hooks and tie downs making it very versatile. Love the fold down front passenger seat, the second row has lots of leg room and head room (I am 6'2"). Very easy to remove the spare, has lots of room between the driver and passenger. Quality built molding, plastics and seat cloth will last. VDC allows it to perform and handle like it has a much lower center of gravity through twists and turns.

Favorite Features

Very fun to drive overall and the S-O-T-F 4-Wheel allows you go anywhere. Nice looking exterior, but easily mistaken for a Pathfinder.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo has a good sound (base system, not the Rockford Fosgate), but the actual player has a very cheap feel to it with loud clicks.

nissan wont pay for failed clutch at 16k
By clutch dead at 16K

2007 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

clutch fails at 16k, nissan refuses to cover it under warranty. i have driven manuals trans for over 40 years, including 2001 xterra, 2003 xterra, and 2007 xterra. i did not haul anything and drove mainly on freeway to work. i have researched this issue and I am not the only one reporting failed clutches on xterra. tellling, dealer rep let slip that perhaps drivetrain cannot accomodate increased power. In that case, the issue is a design defect.

Favorite Features

power nice. nice size.

Suggested Improvements

transmission/drive train may not be right for added power. BEWARE!!! fuel economy stinks. In summary, reliability in question.

I wouldn't buy another one
By rivergirl

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far my truck has had to have a new computer, I have had transmission problems, it has gotten locked in park and the solenoid that releases the gear shift was malfunctioning, The air conditioning drain was draining into the front passenger floor and all of my carpeting had to be replaced due to mold. Purchase price was 29,600 and trade in is 15,000 in just over a year. I am afraid to drive this vehicle too far from home due to it's history of leaving me stranded. The mileage on my truck as it sits in the shop today is 18,500.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to own a dependable vehicle but I can't take that much of a loss on trade in for a Toyota.

junk
By karenkaren3693

2007 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My daughter bought a 2007 Xterra brand new in 2007 which I now drive.As far as I am concerned Nissan made a piece of junk.The fcu went out at 29,000 then the battery had to be replaced at 32,000 now the fuel line pops off the fuel pump. This has happened twice.Nissan wants 450.00 to replace a 1.97 plastic piece. You couldn't give me the keys to 20 of them.

Favorite Features

looks good sitting in the yard broke down

Suggested Improvements

take it off the market