Used 2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

nissan wont pay for failed clutch at 16k
By clutch dead at 16K

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

clutch fails at 16k, nissan refuses to cover it under warranty. i have driven manuals trans for over 40 years, including 2001 xterra, 2003 xterra, and 2007 xterra. i did not haul anything and drove mainly on freeway to work. i have researched this issue and I am not the only one reporting failed clutches on xterra. tellling, dealer rep let slip that perhaps drivetrain cannot accomodate increased power. In that case, the issue is a design defect.

power nice. nice size.

transmission/drive train may not be right for added power. BEWARE!!! fuel economy stinks. In summary, reliability in question.

07 Xterra
By I3oyet

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased my 2007 Xterra back in October 07 and it's been great so far with the exception of the rattling noise comming from the rear cargo cover. I am yet to take the cover back to dealr and have them figure out what is wrong with it. Overall I would say this vehicle will not disappoint you.

Better arm rest for the driver better postioning of controls for power windows etc by door

Fun Ride Terrible Gas Mileage
By xterra

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's advertised at 18 city/21hwy. Mine has never done better than 17mpg no matter how I drive. I also drove the tacoma before I bought my X. I wanted a 6 speed. The tacoma drives like a car. The X feels like a full size truck. It doesn't have the girly frills of other trucks. It has a ton of power. I slip it in 3rd at highway speed and roar right by people. I got it to haul my mastiffs to shows and it fits that bill great, plenty of room and height for them. Get a cheap rubber mat so your dogs dont slip on the plastic. The only time it doesnt have enough power is in 6th on hills hauling dogs or people. No prob 5th will have you gaining speed on that same hill.

Tons of power, drives like a real truck, back seats lay down flat, backend is plastic that is just wiped down to clean, thick steering wheel, smooth shifting, a goat offroad, positrack rear end with a locker, plenty of room with back seats laying flat, no frills, much less money than toyota.

The xterra has a powerful thirst for gas. Maybe drop some ponies in exchange for more MPGs

Love it so far
By pinenut

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck. The only thing I don't like is the snow builds up on the roof due to that storage compartment and the rails. It's a pain when it turns to ice and starts to slide around up there. MPG as advertised. I live in the snow and this vehicle can get me anywhere I need to go.

Love the performance. Best SUV for the price.

Lose the roof storage compartment. Factory warranty needs improvement. 3/36 shows lack of confidence in their vehicle. Should be 100000 drivetrain like most others are today.

Fantastic all around SUV!
By Robert

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently bought a 2007 Xterra. I wanted the Xterra Off Road fully loaded for the year with the 6 speed manual trans. I love it! I needed a good SUV because my family and I are moving to Germany. So far here in Utah we have had numerous snow storms and it does well with the VDC on in 4x. I tested it in all modes. I did notice a huge improvement with the traction control on but I was not impressed with the tires. It should do better so I am going to buy Michelin LTX M/S. Other than that, I love to drive it and I am always in it. I have the Nismo cold air intake and I love that. The mileage could be better but it is an Off Road vehicle. I am very impressed with its ride. Great job Nissan!!

Clutch start, VDC, dif lock, 6 speed man, Rockford sound, iPod adapter, rugged looks, int and ext storage, towing cap.

If you buy a vehicle with the off road package you should get a capable SUV with the ability to do what the name says! Good tires are everything!! Nissan needs to purchase better tires for the Off Road Package. I think the BFG AT Ko's would work well for it.