2007 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Not perfect.
By X-lover on 02/20/07 21:47 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is not perfect, but even a Lexus GX470 ($$$) has flaws. For less than $30,000, you get excellent acceleration, amazing handling, lots of space, good visibility, 8 airbags, ABS, the best stereo in class (Car&Driver, and my opinion), excellent off-road ability, 4 skid plates, 4WD, 5 speed auto, smooth and quiet highway ride, and many other not- so-visible features. It is really a joy to own this SUV, from going to the grocery store, to doing multi-day camping trips.

Perfect College kid car
By Brian on 02/14/07 05:17 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had it for a week, and already I am in love with it. I am a kind of guy who likes big SUVs, and the xterra is perfect. I am in college and for a college kid to own a 2007 Nissan xterra is just too cool. I am use to driving an 11 year old Ford Explorer, the xterra drives like a dream compared to that. The xterra is big enough to fit all my stuff in it, and to fit 4 people and all their stuff comfortable, but not too big where it feels like I am driving a tank. Its safety rating is awesome, all xterra models 2005 or later have good or excellent ratings in all categories. It's surprisingly easy to drive, the stirring is awesome, and it breaks very well for a suv.

Replaced Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
By Liz on 02/09/07 08:50 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned 5 Jeeps, Land Cruiser, Explorer,Sequoia, etc. XTerra offers Excellent power,very comfortable and quiet compared to '7 Wrangler 4dr. Flexible, convenient,roomy interior design with good visibility and real 4 dr.access, especially compared to FJ. RF Audio has good sound quality. Our thorough test drives, on and off pavement through the WY mtns., revealed good ride and handling for a genuine, seriously off-roadable 4x4. OR model comes well equipped for offroading yet is comfortable on pavement and Interstate. Not A Car Based Poser. Very good value for the money.

4x4 OR
By Robert on 12/18/06 13:18 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 07 OR for a few weeks now. I find the fit and finish above average. The ride is smooth for a big tired SUV. Plenty of power and the truck gets up to highway speeds very quickly. The X tracks like a true 4x4 and requires a little feed back on the highway to keep it going straight.

Miserable experience
By spongebob on 12/06/06 09:04 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I don't know what everyone is raving about, I thought this vehicle was suppose to be heavy duty and almost every bump i hit the suspension bottoms out. It may be able to expand in offroad situation but it cannot contract. It very annoying for city driving, unacceptable especially for a real suv. And those brakes spongy is not the word you gotta press all the way down to the floor to get it to stop. However the sound system was amazing i'll give it that. However it wasn't enough for me to keep it. Thought nissan's were more versatile than this. Very disappointed especially having the "OFFROAD" model. I even thought there was a problem they found none

No Problems
By Craig Utah on 12/05/06 19:23 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had my Xterra, but I love it! The ONLY minus would be the gas consumption, and the miles per gallon is only been 14.5. I still love it!

One fast SUV
By Emanuel on 11/28/06 20:15 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Getting on the interstates in Virginia can be challenging at best, the on ramps are short and drivers not willing to let any one on. But in this SUV I don't need anyone to let me over! I just depress the accelerator and whoa! The performance on this vehicle is amazing. This vehicle performs like a sports car the look of it is so deceiving; it looks like your average SUV. Well all I have to say is don't judge a book by its cover!

new owner
By tom kopytko on 11/21/06 20:19 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

wish i had arm rest for long distance driving. also, a place for my cd"s

Excellent SUV
By Chemie on 10/28/06 15:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Perfect for my lifestyle of kayaking/mountain biking while living in the city. I get 20 mpg in the city with 25 on the highway. Comfortable seats and fun driving with excellent stability.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.