2007 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Low price alternative to the Toyota FJ
By ColoradoJIM on 07/06/07 13:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I initially went out to buy a Toyota FJ Cruiser, but when they would not budge on the price, I looked elsewhere and found the Nissan Xterra. We bought this as a 3rd vehicle for the winter. This SUV has everything we wanted out of a 3rd vehicle, comfortable seating for 5 people with good leg room, on the fly 4WD, and plenty of good power from the engine. My wife was hesitant to buy this Xterra, but now she loves it. She likes the way it feels like a bigger SUV than it actually is. Very smooth ride, and the S model has all the options we wanted.

Love my new Xterra!
By chrislynn on 06/30/07 12:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I did a massive amount of research on this vehicle and could find nothing wrong with it. Not only did the Xterra win top ratings in 2006 across the board, but I could find no substantial cutomer complaints. In addition, these SUVs sell like hotcakes in my neck of the woods, which is a good sign. Aside from the obvious performance features the Xterra has to offer, the lack of complaints and overall customer satisfaction aspect proves this vehicle was a good investment. I'm in love with my Xterra!

Overall Good
By Richard on 06/18/07 06:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Lots of HP for the gross weight giving the vehicle a lot of pull. Has a good design interior with hooks and tie downs making it very versatile. Love the fold down front passenger seat, the second row has lots of leg room and head room (I am 6'2"). Very easy to remove the spare, has lots of room between the driver and passenger. Quality built molding, plastics and seat cloth will last. VDC allows it to perform and handle like it has a much lower center of gravity through twists and turns.

GREAT Truck
By TAMARA on 06/13/07 13:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned 3 Nissan Pathfinders, a 1997 SE, 2001 LE and 2004 SE. I did not like the new models, but I love Nissan quality, so I decided to try the Xterra, since it was in my price range. I absolutely love the acceleration, a lot better than my Pathfinders. I love the way the truck looks and the way it handles on the road, very quiet on the parkway. I do miss the sunroof and armrest that were in my Pathfinders. The Rockford Fosgate stereo system is out of this world!!

Refined, fast, usable and proven beauty.
By Nick on 05/31/07 20:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I chucked a Dodge SLT Nitro with 5,000 miles, traded for the SE Xterra, what a beautiful unit! Smooth, fast, tight and functional. When I nurse it along, I can get 23 mpg @ 70 mph. Still under 500 miles, I bet it can do better. This Xterra is so superior.

Xterra Rocks
By TYLAR'S X on 05/29/07 17:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased my 2007 Xterra S 4X4 and love everything about it. It is roomy, comfy and rides great. My only qualm about the vehicle is the lack of an MP3 play jack. I just got a snowboard rack and bike rack. This SUV rocks.

Traded Nitro for Xterra SE
By nickstnick on 05/27/07 22:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Here's one for ya... bought Nitro 6 mo ago, never happy for a number of reasons. Xterra has excellent body fit, more acceleration smooth engine, good front seat legroom and overall is a better built vehicle smooth as a gravy sandwich. It sits higher, has similar gas mileage and low range transfer. Roof rack is a plus. I am much happier with this beautiful SE Xterra.

Never better
By Jamie C on 04/24/07 19:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It has been a hassle for to find a car that really affordable to my budget. The Xterra has served me well. I have take this off-roading with my kids. Lots of leg room, very comfortable.

Lot better then the Santa Fe it replaced
By usmcbigguns on 03/16/07 11:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced our 2 year old Sante Fe piece of #$%@! Get a lot of car for your money. Had to get an all decked out Xterra since that is all the dealership could find for us in our region and still only paid $26500. Lots of power, good turning radius, great brakes, the ride is not as bad as I thought it would be and it is GREAT IN THE SNOW. I have 2 kids, 2 big dogs and this suv was made for families like mine. So many useful features in this suv. We even used the roof bin for my daughter's nasty soccer cleats after her practice. Gas mileage was on par with the Santa Fe it replaced, which is surprising since the Xterra has 60 more horsepower. 3 words for you "JUST BUY IT" you wont regret it.

Better that I anticipated
By Jeff on 03/15/07 13:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle surprised me with its the way it drives. Granted it may be a little rough if you are used to a car but this a truck and I can say it is not as rough as I expected. It has a smooth transmission, comfortable seats, and a pretty good stock stereo. The best feature for me, and the main reason I bought it, is I can transport my bikes with ease in the large cargo area. I also plan on purchasing a kayak soon and getting the accessory for the roof rack that will transport it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.