Used 2007 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

love my x
By Tony Cabrera

2007 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

have always loved the stance of the x- terra, purchased mine used with 17000 on it,two 1000 plus mile road trips later and I LOVE this truck. highway mileage is good, lots of pockets inside. stout frame, bulit proof 4.0. no complaints with power. off road this vehicle shines. very happy.

Favorite Features

interior storage, functional roofrack,lots of fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

stock stereo speakers need to be upgraded.

An ok Vehicle with challenges
By Kevin

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our Xterra gets 15 MPG city and about 21 MPG highway. At 36060 miles the gas tank level sensor died and I refuse to pay the $450 dollars to a dealership to fix it. The plastic Xterra logo on the rear has fallen off, so I glued it back on. The plastic cover on the windshield wipers has a tendency to come off at a car wash.. beware. The AC has started leaking into the passenger side floor... so gotta fix that now. We've replaced the battery after 28000 miles, and new tires too. Currently the mileage is at 45650 after a recent 2500 mile road trip we made without incident. Overall, its an ok vehicle but lacking in quality parts. The mileage stinks too in my opinion.

Suggested Improvements

Needs improvement to MPG, use better quality parts!

great vehicle
By CAPTMAHI

2007 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck new and have not had a single problem. It has more then enough power. Living in Maine, driving in the snow is quite common. This truck shines in bad weather. Granted I maintain it perfectly. At 30,000 miles I did a complete trans service, rear end fluid and transfer case. I upgraded the already good brakes to ebc rotors and pads, a k&n air filter and regular oil changes. I changed the serpentine belt, did a coolant service. When my 4 Wheeling buddies get stuck they call me! This motors got plenty of torque. I also use dedicated snow and toyo summer tires which are great in the rain and dry. In 40,000 I've had to change a brake lightbulb. Period. I'd recommend it to anyone

Favorite Features

horsepower and torque, vehicle dynamic control which has saved me more than once.antilock brakes, excellent 4 wheel drive system.

Suggested Improvements

It's not a sports car and does'nt handle like one. The toyo proxes, double a traction, a temp make summer tires make a big difference and do help the handling quite a bit, but it's still a truck. In low temps (like 15 degrees f and less its squeaky. Lotta body roll if you push it the corners.

XTERRA"ED
By randy

2007 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in used 2005 model for new 2007 S model. LUV IT! Very easy to drive, handles, well, and lots of rear cargo space. Got thru first VT winter with factory BF Goodrich tires w/no sweat. Acceleration for a 6-cylinder, 4-liter is great! Nice CD stereo and speakers to start but upgraded w/after market Kenwood system & Jensen Speakers. Decent mileage at 20 plus on highway for this size/weight SUV. Outstanding value for the price versus domestic comparison SUV's from Ford, GM, and Dodge!

Favorite Features

Interior passenger and cargo space! Nice size SUV; not to small and not to large. Super-tight turning radius in tight spots. Love the "big ugly" burly appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo w/front accessory plug- in for MP3/Ipods and speakers. Raise location of all door speakers to a higher location on the doors...to low. Have interior brake light harness standard on all models...must buy harness kit from dealer to engage parking lights on trailers for night driving.

Two years and running strong
By Robert

2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wrote a note a while ago about my Xterra. We moved to Germany and the X has performed perfectly. The only issue I have with it is the trans. It is very difficult to shift into second gear. It sometimes makes a grinding noise as well. But it is not that serious of a problem yet. Over all a great vehicle and the size is perfect!

Favorite Features

Same as before.

Suggested Improvements

Same as before.