2007 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Watch the color!
By Allison on 09/29/07 16:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a midnight blue Xterra a month ago. If you live in an area that has "love bugs" do not get a dark colored Nissan vehicle. The bug guts that have been splattered on the hood of my new car have made little dents in the paint. I had to buy a bug shield to cover it up! So be careful, go for the light colors if you have "love bugs" in the area where you live!

New owner. Love my Xterra
By Andrew on 09/25/07 18:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 Xterra X a week ago and I love it. It's good looking, fun to drive and the fuel economy isn't too bad for an SUV. I got the X model with the power package and I am actually pretty impressed with how smooth a ride it is. I traded up from a 2007 VW Rabbit and this actually rides a bit smoother. I will look down and see I am going faster than I thought. I must say that the brakes are a little spongy and the extreme use of plastics on the interior makes me wonder how soon until scratches show up.

Bad News Xterras
By Daury on 09/18/07 19:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased my Xterra. Within the first 3000 miles the car has been serviced twice for a water leak from the AC in the cabin. The dealership tells me that my problem is very common and that "technically, the warranty does not cover leaks" but that they "fixed it out of courtesy." I did take it offroad and it performed like a champ. Great ground clearance and power to spare. About the car: if I drive like grandma I get 17 mpg highway, if I drive normal, I get about 14 mpg. The car looks huge from the outside but it is a tiny cabin inside. I have to move up the driver seat to squeeze anyone in the back seat. Do yourself a favor, don't buy it.

Nice Work Nissan!
By XOR-Owner on 09/14/07 21:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really like everything about my 2007 Off-Road Xterra. The 6M is great to shift and I was sold when I found the cabin quiet on the highway and the fact that 6th gear revs quietly at a low 2300 rpm at 70 mph. This truck is a real good value although I'd have paid more for a more luxurious interior. I drive the backroads to work and routinely get almost 20 mpg on 93 octane gas. Test drive an X for sure!

My new favorite
By Madog on 09/09/07 17:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Last winter I couldn't get out of my drive in my 2wd Explorer so I went in search of a replacement. I ended up with an '07 SE 4wd. After about 7 months and 15500 miles of use, I'm still very pleased with my purchase. I live on unimproved dirt roads that get severely rutted during heavy rains. The 4wd has came in handy numerous times, along with the other off-road capabilities.

I love this truck!
By Karen on 09/04/07 12:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my Xterra in solar yellow last week and I absolutely love it! The ride is super smooth, better than my friends' sedans. It's also really quiet in the cabin for those long hauls. And the plastic lined cargo area is ideal for my three dogs. The roof toolbox even comes in handy for wet swimsuits, shoes, or anything stinky from the dogs. I have only had it for a few days and have already logged 400+ miles on it. I can't keep myself out of it!

Great SUV for the price!
By douknownam on 08/22/07 12:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 1000 miles, my only two complaints are no A/C vents for the backseats and that the recirculate button resets everytime the A/C is turned off. So you have to remember to press the recirculate button when you turn on the A/C. Overall a great SUV! Gas mileage could be better, but if you bought this vehicle worrying about gas mileage then you brought the wrong vehicle. Plus the power and abnormally good handling characteristics makes the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

I love my new Xterra!
By jason on 08/05/07 02:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really like my Xterra. I test drove just about every SUV on the market before deciding on purchasing the Xterra S. It handles really well, has great acceleration, great braking, and wonderful interior space. The only feature I am not 100% pleased with is the lack of rear seat A/C vents. That's it. Everything else I have been greatly pleased with.

Livin' the X Life!
By MountainSeeker on 07/22/07 14:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I own both a 2004 & 2007 Xterra SE 4X4. Nissan corrected all the deficiencies of the first generation (1999-2004) in the second generation (2005+). The second generation is the ONE! What a truck - I love it! The Xterra is still a specialty vehicle - it's a truck. If you want a suburban cruiser, seek elsewhere. If you want mpg, pass on by. If you want to sit high on the road, go off-road on a whim, and seek adventure, then the Xterra is for you. Nissan makes the Versa & Altima if you want mpg. You can't have all the Xterra offers and expect it to sip gas.

Funmobile X
By Ron E. on 07/07/07 16:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Off Road model. I wanted a vehicle that could take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. The build quality is outstanding. The fuel economy is a little less than I expected. This is not a fancy fum fum vehicle but has all the off road extra's available on other more expensive, and more than some vehicles. Easy and fun to drive. Serves well for the purpose I bought it for. Would certainly purchase again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.