2007 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
nissan wont pay for failed clutch at 16k
By clutch dead at 16K on 04/28/08 13:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

clutch fails at 16k, nissan refuses to cover it under warranty. i have driven manuals trans for over 40 years, including 2001 xterra, 2003 xterra, and 2007 xterra. i did not haul anything and drove mainly on freeway to work. i have researched this issue and I am not the only one reporting failed clutches on xterra. tellling, dealer rep let slip that perhaps drivetrain cannot accomodate increased power. In that case, the issue is a design defect.

07 Xterra
By I3oyet on 04/24/08 12:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased my 2007 Xterra back in October 07 and it's been great so far with the exception of the rattling noise comming from the rear cargo cover. I am yet to take the cover back to dealr and have them figure out what is wrong with it. Overall I would say this vehicle will not disappoint you.

Fun Ride Terrible Gas Mileage
By xterra on 04/01/08 03:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's advertised at 18 city/21hwy. Mine has never done better than 17mpg no matter how I drive. I also drove the tacoma before I bought my X. I wanted a 6 speed. The tacoma drives like a car. The X feels like a full size truck. It doesn't have the girly frills of other trucks. It has a ton of power. I slip it in 3rd at highway speed and roar right by people. I got it to haul my mastiffs to shows and it fits that bill great, plenty of room and height for them. Get a cheap rubber mat so your dogs dont slip on the plastic. The only time it doesnt have enough power is in 6th on hills hauling dogs or people. No prob 5th will have you gaining speed on that same hill.

Love it so far
By pinenut on 02/20/08 19:02 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck. The only thing I don't like is the snow builds up on the roof due to that storage compartment and the rails. It's a pain when it turns to ice and starts to slide around up there. MPG as advertised. I live in the snow and this vehicle can get me anywhere I need to go.

Fantastic all around SUV!
By Robert on 12/25/07 15:25 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently bought a 2007 Xterra. I wanted the Xterra Off Road fully loaded for the year with the 6 speed manual trans. I love it! I needed a good SUV because my family and I are moving to Germany. So far here in Utah we have had numerous snow storms and it does well with the VDC on in 4x. I tested it in all modes. I did notice a huge improvement with the traction control on but I was not impressed with the tires. It should do better so I am going to buy Michelin LTX M/S. Other than that, I love to drive it and I am always in it. I have the Nismo cold air intake and I love that. The mileage could be better but it is an Off Road vehicle. I am very impressed with its ride. Great job Nissan!!

You Gotta Love It
By Ron E. on 12/17/07 05:56 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Comfortable and capable off road vehicle. Mine is the Off Road version. Reliability is top notch. Getting in & out of rear doors is a little tight. Fuel economy is close to the 08 rating, not the 07 one. Ride is very comfortable for a 4x4 and seats are the best. Best 4x4 vehicle I have ever owned. You gotta love it !! If entry to rear seats is a problem for you, get a Pathfinder but expect to pay $5k more (approx.)

Durable SUV
By JC on 12/08/07 14:07 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Xterra after months of research and comparisons with FJ Cruiser and Jeeps. I liked the Xterra's features the best and I'm glad that I purchased it. Nissan has provided a highly functional and cost effective SUV. I have found that the driver displays and features are well thought out for use and durability. It has been an easy vehicle to drive in city traffic. I recently drove it in 4WD during a heavy snow storm and found that it is a solid performer in poor weather conditions. Powerful headlights provide great visibility at night. Best SUV for the money.

XTerra is Awesome
By CPO Sharky on 11/02/07 10:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle. I originally wanted an FJ Cruiser but I didn't realize that the XTerra was in my price range (a little cheaper than the FJ actually). Once I took it for a test drive that was all I needed to change my mind. You get a lot of vehicle for the price!! Also test drove the Jeep Liberty and it is garbage compared to the XTerra!

Just Right
By JT on 10/21/07 19:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have been extremely happy with our Xterra. It is not full of "creature comforts" but makes up for it with functionality. It is easy to carry bikes, dogs or haul 8 ft pieces of lumber. Pleasant on road manners for a truck. Off road ability is impressive. If you want a true sport utility vehicle this is an excellent choice.

Xterra Rocks!
By X-fan on 10/16/07 21:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Simply a great vehicle at a great price. The powertrain is unmatched in its price class and even at the $40K level. There's no direct competition - any Ford, GM, or Toyota SUV will cost you 10K more. It's not meant to be a loaded luxury ride, just a go anywhere utility vehicle that rides, handles, and drives exceptionally well. After 15K miles, I can say I'd be back at the Nissan dealer to buy another one if mine were to disappear today. Mileage has been good, consistently at 20-21 mpg after switching to Mobil 1 synthetic oil (75% highway driving). All I can say is go drive one before buying any other small or midsize SUV. I started out liking it, but it didn't take long to love it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.