2007 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
love my x
By Tony Cabrera on 09/16/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

have always loved the stance of the x- terra, purchased mine used with 17000 on it,two 1000 plus mile road trips later and I LOVE this truck. highway mileage is good, lots of pockets inside. stout frame, bulit proof 4.0. no complaints with power. off road this vehicle shines. very happy.

An ok Vehicle with challenges
By Kevin on 07/16/09 06:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our Xterra gets 15 MPG city and about 21 MPG highway. At 36060 miles the gas tank level sensor died and I refuse to pay the $450 dollars to a dealership to fix it. The plastic Xterra logo on the rear has fallen off, so I glued it back on. The plastic cover on the windshield wipers has a tendency to come off at a car wash.. beware. The AC has started leaking into the passenger side floor... so gotta fix that now. We've replaced the battery after 28000 miles, and new tires too. Currently the mileage is at 45650 after a recent 2500 mile road trip we made without incident. Overall, its an ok vehicle but lacking in quality parts. The mileage stinks too in my opinion.

great vehicle
By CAPTMAHI on 03/23/09 17:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck new and have not had a single problem. It has more then enough power. Living in Maine, driving in the snow is quite common. This truck shines in bad weather. Granted I maintain it perfectly. At 30,000 miles I did a complete trans service, rear end fluid and transfer case. I upgraded the already good brakes to ebc rotors and pads, a k&n air filter and regular oil changes. I changed the serpentine belt, did a coolant service. When my 4 Wheeling buddies get stuck they call me! This motors got plenty of torque. I also use dedicated snow and toyo summer tires which are great in the rain and dry. In 40,000 I've had to change a brake lightbulb. Period. I'd recommend it to anyone

XTERRA"ED
By randy on 03/18/09 17:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in used 2005 model for new 2007 S model. LUV IT! Very easy to drive, handles, well, and lots of rear cargo space. Got thru first VT winter with factory BF Goodrich tires w/no sweat. Acceleration for a 6-cylinder, 4-liter is great! Nice CD stereo and speakers to start but upgraded w/after market Kenwood system & Jensen Speakers. Decent mileage at 20 plus on highway for this size/weight SUV. Outstanding value for the price versus domestic comparison SUV's from Ford, GM, and Dodge!

Two years and running strong
By Robert on 02/20/09 04:08 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wrote a note a while ago about my Xterra. We moved to Germany and the X has performed perfectly. The only issue I have with it is the trans. It is very difficult to shift into second gear. It sometimes makes a grinding noise as well. But it is not that serious of a problem yet. Over all a great vehicle and the size is perfect!

My Favorite Vehicle
By MyXTerra on 02/05/09 14:23 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

On our trip to our home state recently we were run off the road by a semi. My daughter and I were asleep while my husband was driving. Woke when we hit the dirt. Front end damage and blew out a tire, shattering the rim. We were all uninjured, just surprised. Took out a sign, both side mirrors broken, driver side mirror shattered window. I give the Xterra an EXCELLENT review because it took all of the force and kept my family safe. Our dogs, cats and puppies were also in the vehicle and everyone is in perfect health. I HIGHLY recommend the Xterra. Mine has always been reliable and a blast to drive. Love that get up and go power. Gas mileage could be better but very sturdy vehicle.

hood paint off & noise underneath
By thomas on 01/24/09 10:11 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

1) In less than 18 months, a small portion of the hood paint is off naturally. Bought brand new. 2) When passing a road-bump even with a very low speed, you can hear a noise come from underneath the car. The noise is similar to as if something was loose. On two occasions I took the vehicle to the dealer to correct this problem. The noise was back within a month.

I wouldn't buy another one
By rivergirl on 11/03/08 09:23 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far my truck has had to have a new computer, I have had transmission problems, it has gotten locked in park and the solenoid that releases the gear shift was malfunctioning, The air conditioning drain was draining into the front passenger floor and all of my carpeting had to be replaced due to mold. Purchase price was 29,600 and trade in is 15,000 in just over a year. I am afraid to drive this vehicle too far from home due to it's history of leaving me stranded. The mileage on my truck as it sits in the shop today is 18,500.

Sturdy, Reliable SUV
By Hiker / Camper on 08/07/08 12:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just returned from a 3-week Colorado vacation. The S Trim XTerra performed admirably and was a pleasure to drive. Handled easy back roads with some rocks, pot holes, ruts and washboarding well -- was reluctant to try anything seriously challenging due to inexperience. Best gas mileage was 26 mpg. Mileage varies depending on driving technique, etc. Best to have a "light foot" on the accelerator. Had to replace in-cabin air filter upon return -- very dirty from dust. Since purchasing, have added skid plates, fog lamps and wind deflectors. Good investments. Happy XTerra owner.

2007 Nissan Xterra S
By LOKRGUY on 06/04/08 19:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a 00 Durango V8 for four years I didn't know what to expect from the 4.0 6. All I can say is WOW! I drive up a 6000' "hill" twice a week and it just loafs up, hardly ever kicking into low gear. Performance in snow with aftermarket BFG AT T/A's was fantastic. At 6'4" and 300 lbs it's still a very comfortable drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.