2007 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Great all-around SUV
By RV on 09/17/09 13:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle has been reliable--I have no major complaints. It is a success as a city vehicle--more practical and generally useful than my BMW 5 series. On logging trails, it is excellent. My only complaint is that it is not great as a long-distance freeway cruiser. It usually get about 18-20mpg. Some observations: the mudflaps could be better designed because in serious off-roading, they get sucked into the tires and it tears them at the base. I like the OEM Rugged Trail tires because they are soft on rough pavement and have a lot of give, but are good in mud and snow. The 6 speed is the better trans, by far. The R-F stereo could be improved with better stock speakers.

Two years and running strong
By Robert on 02/20/09 04:08 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wrote a note a while ago about my Xterra. We moved to Germany and the X has performed perfectly. The only issue I have with it is the trans. It is very difficult to shift into second gear. It sometimes makes a grinding noise as well. But it is not that serious of a problem yet. Over all a great vehicle and the size is perfect!

07 Xterra
By I3oyet on 04/24/08 12:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased my 2007 Xterra back in October 07 and it's been great so far with the exception of the rattling noise comming from the rear cargo cover. I am yet to take the cover back to dealr and have them figure out what is wrong with it. Overall I would say this vehicle will not disappoint you.

Fun Ride Terrible Gas Mileage
By xterra on 04/01/08 03:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's advertised at 18 city/21hwy. Mine has never done better than 17mpg no matter how I drive. I also drove the tacoma before I bought my X. I wanted a 6 speed. The tacoma drives like a car. The X feels like a full size truck. It doesn't have the girly frills of other trucks. It has a ton of power. I slip it in 3rd at highway speed and roar right by people. I got it to haul my mastiffs to shows and it fits that bill great, plenty of room and height for them. Get a cheap rubber mat so your dogs dont slip on the plastic. The only time it doesnt have enough power is in 6th on hills hauling dogs or people. No prob 5th will have you gaining speed on that same hill.

Fantastic all around SUV!
By Robert on 12/25/07 15:25 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently bought a 2007 Xterra. I wanted the Xterra Off Road fully loaded for the year with the 6 speed manual trans. I love it! I needed a good SUV because my family and I are moving to Germany. So far here in Utah we have had numerous snow storms and it does well with the VDC on in 4x. I tested it in all modes. I did notice a huge improvement with the traction control on but I was not impressed with the tires. It should do better so I am going to buy Michelin LTX M/S. Other than that, I love to drive it and I am always in it. I have the Nismo cold air intake and I love that. The mileage could be better but it is an Off Road vehicle. I am very impressed with its ride. Great job Nissan!!

Nice Work Nissan!
By XOR-Owner on 09/14/07 21:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really like everything about my 2007 Off-Road Xterra. The 6M is great to shift and I was sold when I found the cabin quiet on the highway and the fact that 6th gear revs quietly at a low 2300 rpm at 70 mph. This truck is a real good value although I'd have paid more for a more luxurious interior. I drive the backroads to work and routinely get almost 20 mpg on 93 octane gas. Test drive an X for sure!

Love my new Xterra!
By chrislynn on 06/30/07 12:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I did a massive amount of research on this vehicle and could find nothing wrong with it. Not only did the Xterra win top ratings in 2006 across the board, but I could find no substantial cutomer complaints. In addition, these SUVs sell like hotcakes in my neck of the woods, which is a good sign. Aside from the obvious performance features the Xterra has to offer, the lack of complaints and overall customer satisfaction aspect proves this vehicle was a good investment. I'm in love with my Xterra!

Excellent SUV
By Chemie on 10/28/06 15:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Perfect for my lifestyle of kayaking/mountain biking while living in the city. I get 20 mpg in the city with 25 on the highway. Comfortable seats and fun driving with excellent stability.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.