2007 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Toyota Guy loves this truck!
By kycarguy on 10/17/13 07:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm Toyota. I think the Tacoma is the best gasoline truck ever built. With that being said, the 05-10 Tacoma and 4-runners are too darn expensive. The 07' Nissan Xterra SE was a great compromise. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of room in the front. The transmission could use the extra gear though. It likes fuel but I'm pedal to the metal man. My VDC light comes on and stays on from time to time but when I test it, it seems to work properly. I'm at 104k. No other issues. Rides smooth. Fairly quiet. Tons of cargo space/hidden compartments. Love how it looks. And it was half the price of a Toyota truck with similar age and miles. I wish it was the off road package but the SE is not a bad trim level.

Xterra 4x4
By rthinchey on 07/25/13 15:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck to drive on and off road. Very easy to maintain. Works very well off road, I've never been stuck or left stranded. Great vehicle in the snow, mud, rain, sand, and anything else you can throw at it

2007 Xterra issues
By schott5504 on 05/11/12 09:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 2007 xterra for 15 months now, and it's a love/hate relationship. I purchased mine used, with 58k and purchased the (unusually expensive) extended warranty with it. Shortly after purchasing the car, the radiator began leaking and was replaced. Then the rear differential seal began leaking and was replaced. Soon after that the entire rear end basically gave out, and the transfer case, rear differential, and rear axel were all replaced. Now the rear hatch quit locking, and the water outlet on the engine block is leaking coolant.. I love this car but with 74k and already $5400 of maintenance (luckily mostly covered) in 15 months it may not be in my garage much longer.

Update Report From October, 2010
By hikercamper on 01/28/11 18:22 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

42,500 Miles. Still under factory warranty - timing chain is being replaced. Gas mileage started dropping, so am having fuel service, including cleaning of fuel injectors and de-carbon valves. Rear shocks will be replaced with Bilstein shocks. Have received two notices from Nissan extending warranties on fuel sensor assembly to 60,000 miles and the radiator assembly to 72,000. Feeling concerned about the mechanical reliability of this vehicle. Thought the Xterra would have held up better than this. Bought new and have owned the Xterra for three and a half years.

Great Reliable Car
By sjoffroad on 01/27/11 22:30 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Xterra since it was brand new and its had a hard life thats for sure. Right off the bat the day I picked it up with 36miles on the OD I drove it for 15 hours straight some 900mi or so. A few months later I hauled an 18ft trailer loaded with an entire apartment for 2100 miles. I also move around that trailer with a 6000lbs truck on top of it. Granted It wouldn't be able to do any of it without a brake controller and I wouldn't feel that good towing with an automatic but it pulls it off. Its gone through all this and I havent even changed the air filter. Just a new battery a few weeks ago but trouble free aside from that. Like stated prior: Suspension could use some help

Love my Xterra
By xterraguy on 01/13/11 13:08 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Got my '07 Xterra used in April 2010 and has 38K miles on it as of now, if it's possible to actually be in love with a vehicle - I am! Love it, fun to drive, feels solid and so far has been very reliable. I live in Arizona, so we have pretty extreme weather here, from broiling heat to freezin cold. Only thing done has been battery replaced (that's normal for AZ as batteries do not last more than a couple years here) and the front sway bar gaskets replaced. Otherwise, this truck is just awesome. I've owned many vehicles and this is the first one that make me feel like I can drive it for the rest of my life.

junk
By karenkaren3693 on 12/13/10 07:35 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My daughter bought a 2007 Xterra brand new in 2007 which I now drive.As far as I am concerned Nissan made a piece of junk.The fcu went out at 29,000 then the battery had to be replaced at 32,000 now the fuel line pops off the fuel pump. This has happened twice.Nissan wants 450.00 to replace a 1.97 plastic piece. You couldn't give me the keys to 20 of them.

Love it
By baramos on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We use this veh. heavily off-road and it is a performer, for sure. Now have 27K miles, with no problems ever. Have taken it over some really horrible roads, and it takes all in stride, keeping up with Jeep Rubicons, and all comers. my wife and I love it, and it is a pleasure to drive, both on road and off. Will keep it until it dies. We did beef up the suspension as it is weak stock----add- a-leafs in rear, and 2 1/2 inch leveling kit in front---helped a lot. I highly recommend this vehicle, especially with the up-graded suspension. Destroyed 2 of the stock BFG Rugged Trails tire, so replaced all with BFG All Terraign AT KO's---- they work great!

Further Update
By Hiker / Camper on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

At 40,000 miles had Michelin LTX M/52 ORWL Tires installed. Also new brake pads, front wheels. Driver and passenger side engine mounts had to be replaced. Seems a little early for this to happen. So, my reliability rating has fallen.

Update Review
By Hiker / Camper on 07/01/10 21:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Xterra now has 36,000 miles on it. At 29,500 miles the fuel level sending unit and tank seal had to be replaced as the gas gauge stopped functioning. At 35,000 miles the original battery was replaced and toe-in adjusted. The original BF Goodrich Long Trail tires are approaching replacement time as are the brake pads. My Xterra has performed well, continues to handle well, gets expected gas mileage, and continues to be a reliable vehicle. Handles back roads well, although it still has not been tested by anything exceptionally rugged. I have diligently followed the maintenance schedule, including filter and fluid replacement as required on time. Happy Xterra owner so far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.