Used 2007 Nissan Xterra SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

An ok Vehicle with challenges
By Kevin

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our Xterra gets 15 MPG city and about 21 MPG highway. At 36060 miles the gas tank level sensor died and I refuse to pay the $450 dollars to a dealership to fix it. The plastic Xterra logo on the rear has fallen off, so I glued it back on. The plastic cover on the windshield wipers has a tendency to come off at a car wash.. beware. The AC has started leaking into the passenger side floor... so gotta fix that now. We've replaced the battery after 28000 miles, and new tires too. Currently the mileage is at 45650 after a recent 2500 mile road trip we made without incident. Overall, its an ok vehicle but lacking in quality parts. The mileage stinks too in my opinion.

Suggested Improvements

Needs improvement to MPG, use better quality parts!

I wouldn't buy another one
By rivergirl

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far my truck has had to have a new computer, I have had transmission problems, it has gotten locked in park and the solenoid that releases the gear shift was malfunctioning, The air conditioning drain was draining into the front passenger floor and all of my carpeting had to be replaced due to mold. Purchase price was 29,600 and trade in is 15,000 in just over a year. I am afraid to drive this vehicle too far from home due to it's history of leaving me stranded. The mileage on my truck as it sits in the shop today is 18,500.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to own a dependable vehicle but I can't take that much of a loss on trade in for a Toyota.

Watch the color!
By Allison

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a midnight blue Xterra a month ago. If you live in an area that has "love bugs" do not get a dark colored Nissan vehicle. The bug guts that have been splattered on the hood of my new car have made little dents in the paint. I had to buy a bug shield to cover it up! So be careful, go for the light colors if you have "love bugs" in the area where you live!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, shape, room.

Suggested Improvements

The seats hurt when you are sitting for a long period of time. The material has these little holes in it and it is really rough!

Great SUV for the price!
By douknownam

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 1000 miles, my only two complaints are no A/C vents for the backseats and that the recirculate button resets everytime the A/C is turned off. So you have to remember to press the recirculate button when you turn on the A/C. Overall a great SUV! Gas mileage could be better, but if you bought this vehicle worrying about gas mileage then you brought the wrong vehicle. Plus the power and abnormally good handling characteristics makes the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

Favorite Features

Engine power/torque, Nissan gives you a lot of car for the money!

Suggested Improvements

The rockford fosgate system is decent, but need much improvement to be considered a "premium" system.

GREAT Truck
By TAMARA

2007 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned 3 Nissan Pathfinders, a 1997 SE, 2001 LE and 2004 SE. I did not like the new models, but I love Nissan quality, so I decided to try the Xterra, since it was in my price range. I absolutely love the acceleration, a lot better than my Pathfinders. I love the way the truck looks and the way it handles on the road, very quiet on the parkway. I do miss the sunroof and armrest that were in my Pathfinders. The Rockford Fosgate stereo system is out of this world!!

Favorite Features

Nine speaker Rockford Fosgate audio system w/ 8" subwoofer. Acceleration truck style.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of all the plastic!! For such a wonderful truck, the plastic makes it look cheap inside (even though it is easy to clean), needs a sunroof, outside temperature gauge, velour cloth seats.