The worst return on a car ever!
By jnsg on
2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
5 years! That's it. And now it's worthless. Like everyone else I have fallen victim to radiator/ transmission problems on my 2006 Nissan Xterra. I went to my dealer to get an oil change. While I was there I described a symptom of at certain speeds my 2006 Xterra felt like it was driving over a rumble strip and at other times there was a loss of acceleration. They informed me this is a known issue that Nissan has extended the warranty BUT my Xterra was right outside of the warranty period at 112K miles. They then proceeded to quote me around $6000 for the repair. When I informed them that the truck was practically brand new, they shrugged and said sorry
Favorite Features
Any favorite features I have are shot down by the reliability of the vehicle. As of now it is impossible to say anything good. What would be the point?
Suggested Improvements
Nissan needs to step up and fix this issue. They are losing way more money by not fixing than if they did. I can promise you right now that Nissan will not get the next $30K I spend on a vehicle.