2006 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: The Swiss Army Knife of SUV's

2006 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

The Swiss Army Knife of SUV's
By Kendall on

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In comparison to my previous SUV purchases, 1) Jeep: The worst automotive experience I've ever had, and 2) Mitsubishi Montero: A mediocre performer, the 2006 Xterra is the perfect blend of performance and comfort for thousands less. The 265 HP engine makes freeway blending a breeze and provides smooth power for backcountry exploration here at the Grand Canyon. There are dozens of easy and inexpensive add-on racks, nets and carriers for every toy I want to strap on, plus a 5000 lb. towing capacity.

Comfortable and functional interior. The stadium style rear seating allows passengers in the back full view. Very quiet but so rugged. Priced under $25000, this rig is a steal!

A little better gas mileage would be nice but not at the sacrifice of fantastic power delivery. I agree with the previous review regarding standard fog lights. Sometimes you just need light a little closer to the trail surface. I installed my own with some difficulty.