Great at first but then a disappointed
By DD9 on
2006 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
I went from owning an IS300 to something more reliable in the winter. The Xterra was my favorite compared to the 4runner. Right after the 60,000 mile warranty expired, problems, serious problems that should not occur on a relatively new vehicle. between 60k and 7ok miles shaking in the seat, took it to the mechanic and he said U joints, front and rear. After the initial replacement, more issues with rear wheel bearing, more random vibrating. 77k the heater/ac resistor went. $140 for that plus install, Livid at this point. Went to Nissan, no dice, telling me to go and pay for Nissan tech to diagnose. Terrible customer service from Nissan N. America. 3 weeks gone by, Mike has not called.
Favorite Features
Styling, power, Rockford Fosgate Stereo, pretty much everything other than poor quality drivetrain parts/manufacturing.
Suggested Improvements
Drivetrain/parts manufacturing! Better customer care from Nissan n. America (won't call and I'm guessing won't cover fix what needs to be done) I've owned much older jeeps that didn't have any of the problems listed above and they had between 100-150k miles on them. Very disappointing.