Paint Problems
By Angela Bailey on
2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
First I have to say, I love this truck. There are few things I would change if given the opportunity. I've put a lot of miles on this vehicle-56,000 & I keep it in the garage when at home. The paint around the windshield is peeling off. Not cracking or chipping--peeling. Not just the clear coat or even top coat, but base coat down to bare metal. Apparently, Nissan & Co think it's perfectly normal for paint to peel off. Sadly, Nissan support & customer service is greatly lacking principles and integrity.
Favorite Features
Love that 6 speed & power
Suggested Improvements
A decent warranty on paint. Customer Service/Support.
By jennifer80
on 07/23/11 18:15 PM (PDT)

I believe there maybe the need to issue a recall on the paint that was used on the 06 Xterra. I brought my 06 Xterra to the dealer in 2009 because paint was chipping off around the windshield. The dealer got approval for that area to be repainted and I was provided a rental car. Then , I get a call , dealer tells me he needs my rental returned but my Xterra isn't finished. I was told that when they untaped everything more paint came off. They did end up allowing me to keep the rental til they finished painting roughly 50 percent of the Xterra. I was disgusted that they saw a major paint defect and refused to paint the entire vehicle. Now 2011, and paint is again chipping off the same areas that were supposedly painted in 2009. This time dealer said I no longer have warranty coverage on this. Paint is warranted for 3 years but if it gets rust holes before 5 years from purchase , the damage is covered by them. This issue will definitely have me thinking twice before , doing business with Nissan again.