2006 Nissan Xterra 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My second Xterra (after the

2006 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Review

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My second Xterra (after the original)
By Jay on

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Having previously owned the original model, I was not looking to buy another one until I test drove this beast. I was so impressed by the power and torque and the fact that the salesman let me drive it home for a whole day! That night I took it close by to a favorite hiking trail and was impressed by the off-road capability and just the overall comfort and convenience. I've now had it for 2 years and still loving it. I've taken it to numerous camping/backpacking trip, off-roading, hauling furniture and it has passed with flying colors. This is one vehicle that lives up to its ads and commercials-great job Nissan!!

Favorite Features

Sweet engine, great visibility, very capable off-road prowess, good torque, excellent ergonomics, plenty of storage and tie downs, efficient roof rack and storage, nice overall appearance.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats (too firm and stiff), throw in a free sunglass holder already(!) and sunroof.