Huge disappointment
By Disapointed on
2006 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
I’d like to say that I love this vehicle; unfortunately, it’s turning into a lemon. Multiple problems have arisen. Two clutches in 52k, fuel pump and sensor bad, chipping paint. I've taken good care of her too! Mileage is pretty good, 18 city, up to 24 hwy, 19-20 avg. Accelerates well, fun to drive, good visibility. Like the plastic cargo area, easy to clean. Upgrades necessary for serious 4x4. After market parts lacking. I’m told by Nissan service guys that they kept the truck less expensive by using lower quality parts. It shows. I’ve taken good care of this truck, but it’s time to move on. Back to Toyota.
Favorite Features
The interior is, nothing fancy, but I didn’t want fancy. I got functional and simple. The cargo room and rear seat room is very good. Very roomy with seats down. Fun to drive, decent mileage, 19-20avg. Rear locker, stiff frame. Fairly quiet inside.
Suggested Improvements
Gear ratio for 4x4. Rear suspension bottoms out easily. Chipping paint. Two clutches in 52k (not uncommon with these), fuel pump and sensor bad (not uncommon), idle problems (not uncommon).