2006 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: Huge disappointment

2006 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

Off-Road 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual)

Huge disappointment
By Disapointed on

2006 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Iíd like to say that I love this vehicle; unfortunately, itís turning into a lemon. Multiple problems have arisen. Two clutches in 52k, fuel pump and sensor bad, chipping paint. I've taken good care of her too! Mileage is pretty good, 18 city, up to 24 hwy, 19-20 avg. Accelerates well, fun to drive, good visibility. Like the plastic cargo area, easy to clean. Upgrades necessary for serious 4x4. After market parts lacking. Iím told by Nissan service guys that they kept the truck less expensive by using lower quality parts. It shows. Iíve taken good care of this truck, but itís time to move on. Back to Toyota.

The interior is, nothing fancy, but I didnít want fancy. I got functional and simple. The cargo room and rear seat room is very good. Very roomy with seats down. Fun to drive, decent mileage, 19-20avg. Rear locker, stiff frame. Fairly quiet inside.

Gear ratio for 4x4. Rear suspension bottoms out easily. Chipping paint. Two clutches in 52k (not uncommon with these), fuel pump and sensor bad (not uncommon), idle problems (not uncommon).