2006 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews 9

2006 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Don't pay MSRP! Great mid-size SUV.
By Jon, So. Texas on 04/23/06 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought (4/06) my 2006 white X- Terra SE, pretty much loaded, including the Side Airbags and Tow Package (options SO1, W94, N93, F10, L92, B10, M10). I bought the wheel drive since I'm only on the road. MSRP Sticker was $28,115, I paid $24,650+tax&title after the $1,000 rebate. Maybe I could have done a little bit better on the price, but this was the only X-terra with the side airbags in town, so I went for it! The power is great, which is a trade- off for the so-so milage... I like the power. The SE's options has some additional nice items (17" wheels, interior trim, fog lights, trip computer), but the best one is the 300-watt Rockford Fosgate system. Buy yours $3,500Read the full review

Nissan gets it right....
By Damian on 04/05/06 18:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just recently picked up the 2006 X- Terra and boy am I pleased. It has a very smooth ride at high speeds, corners like a car, and has a lot of cabin and storage room. It has a five- star side impact rating, and was voted 2006 Motor Trend SUV of the YEAR!! My only knock is the gas mileage, which isn't bad, but at 21/16 it could be a little better. But in it's exchange you are getting a hell of a vehicle with some styling, not like your uninspired Ford Escape or Trailblazer out there. All in all, a very dependable vehicle that you can be proud to own.

Great off road vehicle
By Sid Byers on 04/03/06 06:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've been getting 18 mpg for the first 1200+ miles overall. Seats are very comfortable, control layout is excellent. Transmission shifts perfectly, and the ratios are spot on. The traction control while off road really works great, you just keep going forward with very little wheel slip. I'd buy this vehicle again!

Puts the S and U in Your V
By tropx on 03/29/06 12:46 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Tried a 1st gen Xterra a couple of years ago and was unimpressed. Cool styling, but too noisy inside, gutless (even the S/C model), and crude overall. Great off-road, though. The new X is nothing like its predecessor. It still has the OR chops, but its refinement is a quantum leap ahead of Gen 1. I am impressed with its quietness on the highway. Ride quality is firm but fairly smooth. Sharp handling, fun to drive, plenty o' power. A great cruiser, yet also a bona fide off-roader--NOT a quasi-SUV wannabe. A great choice if you have only one vehicle for commuting AND playing in the dirt. Be prepared at the gas pump, though--so far I average 17 mpg (90% highway) on winter gas.

Love It!
By Versitile SUV on 03/27/06 06:32 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After owning several Pathfinders I decided to go with the Xterra, and I'm loving it! It handles more like a car than a truck and feels very sturdy on the road. Decided on the automatic instead of the 6 speed, with the 265 HP there is plenty of power. I've taken it off-road twice and it handled amazing well.

Roy's Car
By Roy on 03/18/06 17:32 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far, I've only owned my Xterra for a little over a month. This is the most fun behind the wheel I've ever had. The car is responsive in every way possible. I'm impressed with the inside storage spaces and the ability to tie down gear in the back area. I like the idea of four plug ins for electrical items. The Xterra has accesories that can make this vehicle a true sports auto. Has good looks and the ability to take you anywhere and truly enjoy the experience and make you want to do it again, and again, and again.. Had I known about an Xterra, I would have given up pickups a long time ago!!!

Upgrade from the 2001 Xterra
By medictom on 03/17/06 14:11 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Able to get the new 2006 Nissan Xterra this past week, got the Red Brawan color and could not be happier. I love the new X, love the new Horse Power, love the Xterra period. It is one of the most unique looking vehicles on the road, and also can compete with almost anything out there. Thanks to Nissan for making me want to buy another one....it is truly worth it.

Just Awesome!!
By pofromchgo on 03/13/06 22:25 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think Nissan couldn't have redone this any better from the bigger engine, to the plastic bumper to the step in the rear this suv has it all!! It rides very well and with the SE package you can tear up the roads without ever worring about having problems!

Xterra
By BL on 03/06/06 06:45 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nissan has built an outstanding vehicle! Smooth ride, quiet, powerful, roomy, and easy to drive. My only complaint is the stock radio - it's, well, cheap.

For the True Outdoors
By Brett on 03/04/06 15:57 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very happy with the Xterra. This vehicle design really does have function. Very rugged and can go anywhere! I decided on the 6spd manual because it's more fun to drive and has a very tall 6th for hwy cruising. I do a lot of whitewater kayaking and this vehicle gets me to all the knarly put-ins. The Xterra has excellent build quality. It is also very surefooted in offroad situations. This is modern man's "old school bronco." I considered the Toyota FJ Cruiser, but decided the massive blind spots over the shoulder were a nuisance and a safety concern. Get out and live a little!