2006 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews 8

2006 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Great
By faroglobal on 06/08/06 16:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Terrific all round vehicle for the mountainous Western US. Performs well in snow and semi-desert conditions. Gas mileage is not terrific. Comfortable off road and excellent handling in all conditions. Replaced an excellent 1986 Toyota 4x4 Land Cruiser Diesel w/ 200,000 plus miles. I expect the same with this.

Scene Stealer
By Dean&deLuca on 06/08/06 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving it for almost a month now and my love for this beauty grows deeper and deeper everyday. Not to mention the fast acceleration, the high seat (yeah, i can see the rooftops of the most common suv's), but what made me love this car more is the attention that i'm getting from the other drivers/pedestrians. Just can't figure out what they think though but the fact that their heads turned in my direction is enough for me.

Great SUV
By Keith on 05/31/06 00:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Xterra for about a month now and I have to say, I am impressed. I take my X to the beach, in the woods and around town. The ride, handling and performance is better than I expected from a nearly 4000 pound truck. The engine is great! This thing gets up and goes when you need it to. The utilitrack in the back is a great feature if you have the cargo organizer. I use the roof rack for my surfboards and I'm looking into a clamp- on safari cage for my camping gear. The Fosgate stereo is pretty sweet for a factory system. Gas mileage is the only downfall, but what do you expect from a 4.0-liter engine? Overall a great SUV that is fun to drive! I highly recommend it.

After much review...
By JVP on 05/30/06 04:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

... I finally decided on the Xterra after looking at just about everything that had 4 doors and a hatch. I have 2 kids, one in a car seat, but hated the thought of giving up my truck for an SUV. The Xterra has great road presence (sits high, feels strong) and has well thought out interior features. I always choose power over mileage when faced with one or the other, and while the mileage isn't that bad (22 highway according to the sticker), the power is wonderful. I am also very pleased with the ride and the suspension. It's built very, very well (Titan's frame, etc.) It also has a youthful appearance, which never hurts a guy my age.

Street machine with real offroad cred
By Whitney on 05/23/06 08:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nissan did a great job with the 2006 redesign, esp. the engine upgrade. Handles great on the road. Tight suspension, great pickup, quick starts. Quiet on the highway. No sacrifice in offroad performance. This is a perfect vehicle for around the town driving during the week and offroad trips on weekends. Design and interior are well thought-out with racks from Yakima to handle whatever your gear may be--skis, surfboard, bikes, packs, dog... Stereo sounds great. Great 360 visibility from the cab. Seats 4 comfortably except for the climb. Can change 2 to 4-high to 4- low with locking rear dif. Makes a great utility vehicle.

Great car for my boys and dogs!
By bluedog on 05/22/06 09:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have always had an SUV but had to get a sedan when I had children. The car life was killing me. I have two active boys (camping, hiking, soccer, football, fishing) and two dogs that were tearing my car up. So far we have gone camping in this and to one long distance tournament. It has been a great vehicle so far. Nobody in my family has had one complaint yet. Love the extra compartment on rack for dirty cleats and stinky fish. The back cargo area cleans up great too. There is plenty of leg room in back for adults and growing children. I got the bumper to bumper 100,000 mile warranty to cover the vehicle through note and then some. Co-worker's is 250,000 miles with no problems.

Love it!!
By Thunder on 05/19/06 23:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Got my 06' 4WD Xterra, basic "X" model a week ago. I'm lovin' it. Great power, great handling, great view from way up high. I can see why it's the Motor trend SUV of the year. Nothing luxurious about it, but with all that Nissan packed in to this truck.. Mid $22K for a 4WD, 265 hp, auto + is as good of a deal as you're going to find. Ride is a bit bumpier than a standard sedan but it is a true off-road capable truck/suv after all.

Great SUV
By Doug on 05/13/06 05:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2003 Xterra and it was ok. I traded that in for the 06 and what a difference. I love its off road capability. This SUV is very capable on road and the ride is much smoother than the older body style. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

My first Sensible Choice
By Raj on 04/29/06 07:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great Off Raod vehicle...true for DC roads too!! Satisfactory mileage ... considering you get what is estimated by EPA. Little bouncy on city roads. great pick up. SE has a very good turning curvature and very good traction in snow/heavy rain.

Don't pay MSRP! Great mid-size SUV.
By Jon, So. Texas on 04/23/06 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought (4/06) my 2006 white X- Terra SE, pretty much loaded, including the Side Airbags and Tow Package (options SO1, W94, N93, F10, L92, B10, M10). I bought the wheel drive since I'm only on the road. MSRP Sticker was $28,115, I paid $24,650+tax&title after the $1,000 rebate. Maybe I could have done a little bit better on the price, but this was the only X-terra with the side airbags in town, so I went for it! The power is great, which is a trade- off for the so-so milage... I like the power. The SE's options has some additional nice items (17" wheels, interior trim, fog lights, trip computer), but the best one is the 300-watt Rockford Fosgate system. Buy yours $3,500Read the full review