2006 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
WOW, life is more fun with my X-terra.
By MomoV on 10/23/06 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my X-terra for 2 weeks and have driven it 1100 miles (went on two trips with it). I am amazed at the design of this SUV. It is very well thought-out, with everything you need and nothing you don't (like they say in commercials). I went to Great Sand Dunes NP last weekend and tried to get it stuck in deep sand. I engaged the 4WD/LO and rear locking differential, and it was awesome! No problem getting out of deep sand. I bought my X-terra at Boulder Nissan (Colorado), and that was the most pleasant car-buying experience ever. Those guys are amazingly nice.

SO far SO good!
By Jerry on 10/23/06 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Hello one and all, i bought the SE 4x4 night armor late aug got 1400+ miles on it, the truck rides nicely and have been fun to drive. It has GREAT pick up, i AVG bout 19-23 HWY which is not bad if u think bout compared to other SUVs. I'm 6'5 tall and it fits pretty well. It would have been nice for the back glass to pop open sometimes its a pain to open the whole back just to get something.Over all i am happy with this truck.

Great Improvement from 2004 Xterra
By BWN on 10/19/06 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very pleased with 2006 Xterra "S" after 4100 mi. Traded in a 2004 Xterra "X" to get much-improved new model. Best upgrades are extra HP (up to 270 hp from 170 hp!!), 6-spd manual trans and fold- flat rear seat and front psgr seat. Comfortable handling and ride. Great visibility out. Good shifting, better than some performance cars. Nice jump on acceleration. Improved visibility of gauges welcome--light background on old model invisible in bright sunlight. Like unique styling, more classy than 2004 model.

Just Bought an Xterra - Happy to say
By DrBIGHead on 10/12/06 23:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

An SUV was not the first on my list of new cars options. I really wanted a sports car but my budget would not comply. Looked around - for under $25K there are not too many cars I would want to own 3-4 years from now. With all that said - If I was going to buy an SUV I wanted a "Real" SUV. The car is incredible - tons of power, comfort and room. I paid $24K out-the-door for the SE - good price. The fuel economy is not great but it is an SUV. I cannot say enough things about the power of the engine. Like other reviewers I wish it had a better exaust - though this may be purchased later. Stereo is good though sub could be bigger. If you need an SUV I would seriously consider the Xterra.

Xterra
By XterraS on 09/18/06 08:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

An excellent SUV. Very responsive engine. Sits higher than a car giving a better view of the road. Great room for easier movement inside. The Utility Package includes the step rails and more compartments. All around great vehicle.

2006 Xterra
By Mike on 09/14/06 14:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Find this a great ride. Didn't realize the rear windows only went 1/2 way down because of the design of the door. Love the response off the lights and the ride off road. I put a set of LT tires on when I bought it and they are harder riding than the stock P tires that came on it, knew this at the start. Dealer is 28 miles away from my home so I had to buy 10 Nissan oil filters and let the local Jiffy Lube do the changes. Jiffy lube was 15 bucks cheaper also. The performance is exceptional even when compared to my 02 Tacoma I traded in .

Fun tank to drive!
By girlofsummer on 09/07/06 16:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2006 Xterra has amazing power. It definitely gets up and goes on the freeway. I'm amazed at the smooth and quiet ride.

Love it!
By Chelle on 08/21/06 14:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my X! I've always driven SUV's and love them. My last SUV was a Trailblazer, which was ok but it was an automatic. I love the 6 speed X. It drives like a truck (I'm told it's a full frame not a sub frame which i'm sure makes it drive a little more like a truck), but it hugs the curves. It drives real tight, it's firm. I didn't like all the play in the steering that the trailblazer had. All I can say is test drive one and you'll fall in love. I never thought I'd drive anything other than General Motors, but purchasing the XTerra X was the best move i've made so far. Give it a try....see what you think.

Real SUV
By PW Xterra on 08/04/06 13:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Xterra S 4x2 with autmatic. This truck is the most fun to drive out of any I have ever driven. The throttle response is excellent. The engine outperforms any SUV I've driven. It's not a bad gas guzzler, although it burns more fuel than a Ford Escape or Jeep Liberty. it pays off from the Fords and the Jeeps when it comes to reliability. If you buy any truck like one of those, it'll be in the shop more, and you'll pay for it there. Besides, the Xterra is much more versatile for any type of driving than those are. the fold flat seats have been perfect for me. This SUV is exactly what I need. It's got all the basics, organized so that its design is effective for a daily driver.

Best Choice for a First, New SUV
By acegear on 08/03/06 22:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I previously drove a used 02 Jetta. Likeing the handle of the road I had in mind a small SUV. My brand-new Xterra is everything but small yet not an overkill on sight and cost. It's a great transition to an SUV. Great quality, smooth appearance yet intimidating. Ease of performance and functionality. Best investment I've ever made. - 22 Tx

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.