Used 2006 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

2006 Nissan Xterra
By nonissan2

2006 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

33,000 miles, vehicle in distress Purchased - NEW The Nissan Xterra looks like a very nice SUV from the outside. But if you own one, you know that this vehicle has alot of problems that have not been fixed. Most common, are the front drive shaft U joints that go. NTBS has issued warnings as for front wheel bearings which include the front U joints. No recall issued by Nissan, not under any warranty Tension arm blew at 7000 miles, started blew at 22000 miles, now front u joints at 33,000 miles. Very nice vehicle if you like to restore cars Don't buy this vehicle years 2005 to 2009

Bought another one
By modern nissan

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love how it handles, and I feel good in the xterra. It has masculine lines, and gives me confidence in my surroundings. The gas milage is good if you know how to drive the Exterra. I had a 2006 Exterra and traded it in for a FX35 Infinity which is smaller that i thought. But great car. just not for me. The cost of the Exterra is well worth the money. I purchased another one just this week, and I hope they will still make them in the future.

Favorite Features

Style, power, cost

Suggested Improvements

compass, map lights

Goodbye nissan
By heath

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have loved nissans for awhile. I have had 7 of them. But they do not back them up and they have horrible customer service now, time to say good bye! Good bye squeaky hood they never fixed, battery drain, oil sensor, fuel sensor, noisy a/c, squeaky seats, it's been fun but it is time to fin a manufacturer that will take care of us when we spend 28k for a truck!

Suggested Improvements

customer service!

Repairs Have Been Painful
By Dana

2006 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Xterra is only 4 years old and Ive had to replace the fuel sensor (a year and a half before the recall) and now the radiator. Thank goodness I was able to get the full sensor reimbursement from Nissan but I pretty much had to call and threaten to file a written complaint just to get it. I have always enjoyed having Nissan cars but this is becoming painful and expensive. I wanna hang in there with my "black beauty" but one more major repair and well have to part ways (bye).

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Great in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to making cars that can live up to the Nissan name.

Best Value for Nissan Nation
By albo

2006 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great vehicle that I have put a lot of miles on in a short time (125k in 4 yr) great acceleration and 4 wheel drive will take you about anywhere. The clutch went after about 50k miles, this must be a systemic problem cause I have had 4 other nissans with manual transmissions too and have never replaced a clutch! The driver's seat could be more comfortable on long drives. After owning a maxima, I know what Nissan can do when they put their mind to the task! I would like better gas mileage, but who wouldn't? This vehicle, like all nissans, is perhaps the best value for the money. I will own this truck for years to come. Keep up the good work. Nissan Nation rocks on!

Favorite Features

Body style 4 wheel drive 6 speed transmission Fosgate stereo system Cargo space and cargo control

Suggested Improvements

Drivers Seat should be more comfortable Better gas mileage Heater could act faster