2006 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Nissan Xterra
By Bob on 01/06/06 18:47 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought a new 2005 leftover Nissan Xterra S at a sweet price. The truck is muscully (you know there's power here) and great to drive. I did not want to get a wimpy honda crv and the toyota forerunner was alot more cash. Looking forward to more snow here in New England. For an off-road vehicle at a low to mid 20's price without looking like a family type minivan, it can't be beat

06 Xterra
By Jenn on 12/30/05 09:30 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my xterra and being a first time buyer i believe that it was the best choice for me. it is the perfect size and i feel very comfortable driving it.

not just marketing hype
By Rob on 12/02/05 10:59 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

awesome blend of truck and SUV. in my opinion the best styling of any SUV out there. interior is quiet, tightly built, doors shut with a solid thump. engine is very good, though a little light on low end torque, but the HP proves it's mettle around 35-50MPH. the perfect amount of exhaust note to sound tough, but not so much that it's annoying to passengers. at cruising speed it's quiet as a BMW. gas mileage is what you expect. ranks a 9 on the fun factor, only because the Wrangler (10) is parked next to it. all in all, it's an awesome vehicle. if you're thinking of buying one, go for it. I can't imagine it getting better than the '05/'06 model.

Xterra
By Ralph on 11/13/05 18:50 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very good to drive much like a car. A little stiff on bump's. Very roomy for sitting front and back. The Xterra is not for a big family, not enough storage room inside. A very fun SUV for two or three people.

The Gentle Giant
By Super Picky! on 11/04/05 19:15 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After many hours of research. Narrowed my choices down to Jeep Liberty, Kia Sorento or Xterra. Edmonds comsumer reviews were a big part of my decision.Traded in my Hyundai mall crawler.When asked how does it drive? I respond: It's like driving a tank with good manners. In city driving it kind of rumbles along, but if you give it some gas, it goes into warp speed. My only complaint is the fold down front passenger seat. Very uncomfortable for me, its like a third of the seat is missing, but everyone else says they think its just fine. I highly recomend purchasing a print-out from Consomer Reports before going to the dealer. It took 4 hours, but we got the price we wanted.

Awesome Ride
By shinner69 on 10/26/05 13:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a new Xterra after trading in my 2005 Mustang. The Mustang was ok, just too small. The Xterra has a ton of room to carry all your stuff and is just as fun to drive. The power of the engine is awesome and it handles very well on the road. My only complaint is the fuel economy...I am only averaging about 15 mpg in the city. Other than that, great car. My girlfriend has a 2002 with aver 150,000 miles and she has never has any major problems.

a lot of bang for the buck
By phatdogg on 10/25/05 17:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my xterra for two months and I love it. mpg 16-18 not the best, but thats not why I bought it. Great power, nice ride, lots of room.

I Love xterra
By jack russel on 10/24/05 22:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2002 xterra and loved it. I was hit by a drunk driver and i was heartbroken. Insurance paid off my loan and I decieded that another xterra would be great. When i picked it up I had a permanent smile on my face. The inside and out has been redesigned and its awesome. i like the sporty interior and the aggressive exterior. Compared to my 2002 the seats are way more comfortable. The new engine is amazing, my old xterra only went 95 before the govener kicked in, this one I have gone up to 115 and boy does it get there fast. over all it handels awesome and rides smooth and i would buy 100 of them if I had the money.

myXtraXterra
By heidi on 10/11/05 09:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent ride. Handles like a dream and rides like a car, not a truck. I do believe they could have put more thought into comfortability, but you give up comfort for more extreme usage. It handles the mountain roads I live on with pristine grace and I feel confident it will handle the roads when snow becomes a factor.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.