2005 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: Traded in after numerous repai

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Review

Traded in after numerous repairs
By houstontxowner on

2005 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely loved my Xterra, kept it maintained and planned to keep it a very long time. Then the problems started after I hit 60,000 miles. Fuel sensor, several batteries, belts (that had screeched since 1 year old and dealer couldn't figure out), then the tensioners, timing chain. After that $1,000+ repair, saw online all the radiator leaks into the transmission being reported and decided to cut my losses and traded it in. Received notification of an extended warranty on the radiator/tranny failure to 80,000 miles the week after I traded it. Had 70,000 on it anyway and would not have been willing to take a chance on needing that $5,000 repair. Depressing.

4 wheel drive. Powerful engine until break downs. Easy to clean inside. Great for dogs.

Redesign the engine.
By sparrow1257
on 01/31/12 20:51 PM (PST)

Agreed. I too had the timing chain issue. Replaced it three times. Every complaint I read about this car eventually happened to me. It is like reading a forecast!