Recall and all the known issues
By usmcjarhead on
2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Hardy J…in PA. Bought a 2005 Nissan X terra from Sheehy in Glen Burnie, MD. I did research on the Xterra’s before I bought the SUV and people were OK with the model and the gas mpg were crappy. I was happy with mine for months then…..the fuel sending unit went out, had the sensor recalls done, I paid for the front hubs out of my own pocket and now…..the radiator leaked into the transmission just like Nissan expected. 100’s of people texted, wrote, emailed, complained about all the known issues with the xterra’s. All the issues were like text book. Some owner issues were paid under warranty, some paid out of pocket, some had financial help from Nissan Corporate and some bit the bullet and were out of thousands like me. I can not afford to pay for the radiator replacement, new tranny and replace the catalytic converts. Contacted Nissan corp., they said I was way passed the warranty for the tranny and radiator repair. Nissan knew the Xterra had issues with the 2005 to 2007, but they would not recall all the issues. I’ve seen many sites with some pissed off owners because they are left with a lemon. I never knew I would get screwed by a car manufacture. Some owners were in the middle of the road with their families when the tranny died. Its worst than the issues with the Camrys killing people. The Xterra is a nice SUV minus the 2005 to 2007.
Favorite Features
4x4 in all types of weather plus sand and snow
By sparrow1257
on 01/31/12 21:12 PM (PST)

A dealer I took my car to revealed some interesting info. He said that these models were made at two plants. One turned out lemons and the other was fine. He said they have since addressed the issues.....likely explains while some of us can't keep the car out of the shop (me) and others are only doing routine maintenance and loving the car. I am envious of you carefree folks!