radiator/transmission
By cindy0710 on
2005 Nissan Xterra SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I, too, have experienced the faulty radiator leaking into the transmission and ruining it...I have 109000 miles so it is beyond the 80000 mile warranty and nissan wants thousands to fix it....acknowledging that the faulty radiator caused the problem, not wear, tear, etc.....so now they want me to pay the hefty bill for a new radiator and transmission for a defect in the automobile....Shame on Nissan for not recalling and fixing this problem
By mattd65
on 09/04/11 20:59 PM (PDT)

I just paid off my 2005 Nissan Xterra in August. Mine only has 90,000 miles on it. On Thursday It stopped running and I had it towed to the Nissan Dealership. They completed a diagnostic test and told me that the radiator had leaked into the transmission and had ruined itl. The cost to fix my car...$5300.00. This is not from wear and tear, this is a defect that Nissan is aware of. Any site you check out regarding Nissan transmission, you will find out about the "Strawberry Milkshake" as it is called. My car has never been involved in a wreck. Now I am left with a car that wont run, but its paid off! We are seeking legal advice this week about the situation.

By colo_xterra
on 03/20/13 13:37 PM (PDT)

Hi Cindy, I'm sure how your case went but i found this article that may get you some of your money returned by Nissan. http://www.nissanassist.com/web/Radiator/faqs.php?menu=22 Q. Is there a customer charge for this warranty extension? A. Nissan offers the warranty extension free of charge and will cover the replacement of the radiator assembly and related repairs, free of charge for parts and labor, for up to 8 years/80,000 miles. Beyond these limits, Nissan will pay for radiator and related repairs subject to the following customer pay co-pays: Up to 8 years/80,000 miles (whichever comes first): No customer co-pay After 8 years/80,000 miles (whichever comes first) up to 9 years/90,000 miles (whichever comes first): Customer co-pay is $2,500 After 9 years/90,000 miles (whichever comes first) up to 10 years/100,000 miles (whichever comes first): Customer co-pay is $3,000 Q. Will I be reimbursed for earlier repairs for the same condition? A. Yes, for eligible customers. For questions concerning reimbursement eligibility, Nissan has established a dedicated toll-free number, which will be available after November 1, 2012, at 1-877-208-9275. For questions not concerning reimbursement eligibility, but this warranty extension in general, please contact Nissan Consumer Affairs at 1-800-NISSAN1 (1-800-647-7261).