2005 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: Nothing beats the Goat

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Review

Nothing beats the Goat
By LuvmyXterra on

2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My husband and I refer to my truck as the Billy Goat or the X-terrible, because it gets out of anything. Frankly, it's unstoppable. We tow our 24 foot trailer with it, and can get out of any snowy condition. I totally disagree with some of the other comments about the ride-we have 2 kids who love taking trips in our X. We recently took ours from CT to Penn, VT and RI. It's plenty comfortable, and we love the great capabilities and thoughtful extras. It was the only man shift available that could tow 5K lbs. It's got so much pickup, that it never seems winded on the hwy. Great multi-purpose ute. Great machine - buy it. What other vehicle has a tent that you can hook to the back?

Horsepower to spare. 5K towing with man tranny. Gadgets like side step, gear box, easy clean mats, trunk storage under mat, heavy duty floor mats. Built like a brick house. So fun to drive!! This truck is the bomb baby! It drives rings around our Expedition! Feels like a sports car.

Turbo diesel, outside temp gauge in rear view mirror. I realize you can't get 30 mpg and tow 5K at the same time.