Loved it. now I hate it.
By FrmXLvr on
2005 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Everything I needed in a SUV and the stereo was simply the best. I had 3 trouble free years with the exception of the trailer hitch recall. Then the first of what was to become an endless string of repairs began with the $500 gas sender. Another known defective Nissan part that we the consumer had to eat. 3 months later, new brakes and front U joints. New battery and tires at 40,000 miles. Had the recall for the airbag sensor fixed in early 2010 along with a radiator flush. This September fell victim to the radiator failure/ tranny fry. I'm having it fixed independently as Nissan refused any assistance. I am also suing Nissan for my costs. Been a Nissan man for a while. No more.
Favorite Features
Stereo Power Looks
Suggested Improvements
Stand behind this "SUV of the year". Inferior parts causing a world of hurt.
By argiad
on 12/27/10 18:28 PM (PST)

I loved my bright yellow 05 XTerra also until I had the exact same problem with the radiator fluid destroying my tranny. I almost fell for having the dealership fix it at a cost of over $5k since they made it sound like a routine problem. After a little research we are contacting an attorney as well and trying to get Nissan to do the honest thing. Best of luck with your lawsuit.