Just Fantastic
By Matt on
2005 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
After wearing out my age-old Blazer, I needed a new SUV. Out of all the different makes and models that I tested, the Xterra is the only one that had the total package - great appearance, excellent offroad capability, outstanding acceleration for an SUV, a little attitude, and a very clean interior. I have tie down points all over the interior which is very useful when packing up for a trip. No other smaller SUV looks, feels, or rides as good as this. It has the best roof rack ever- extremely durable, held up perfectly when I slammed my kayak rack into a low-hanging pole. No damage at all to the car, just to the add-on kayak rack. Would recommend it to any active person needing a good SUV.
Favorite Features
hill assist and locking rear differential are great. Not having to monkey with aftermarket skid plates is great. The Rockford Fosgate radio sounds excellent for stock. Handles very well, is nice and tall. It looks and feels like the real deal.
Suggested Improvements
I just want some auxiliary audio inputs on the Rockford Fosgate receiver for my ipod ... seriously, why don't all car receivers have this by now? Xterra does not have leather as an option if you like that, but personally I hate leather anyway.