2005 Nissan Xterra 4.0L V6 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - First Nissan and I love

2005 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

First Nissan and I love it!
By Daniel on

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned Chevy SUVs in the past but had not driven one (SUV) for several years until the Xterra. I wanted one for awhile but the engine choices just seemed too limited and the design was almost there until the new style and engine of 2005. This is the most fun vehicle to drive ever! The fuel economy, while not the greatest, is admirable. I drive 90% on the highway and get about 21 mpg, however, you don't buy one of these for great mileage but for everything else this baby has to offer, and the list is huge. What a great experience this has been, of course I've only had it a few months so hopefully I'll still be singing praises in a couple of years!

Favorite Features

Height, ergonomics, comfort, very well thought out cabin and storage and just plain cool looking! Big bang for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Odd turn signal, if you don't touch it just right you flick on the high beams, especially annoying at night with the lights on. Right arm rest/storage unit further forward. Door locks that lock automatically when in drive.