2005 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Just Plain Awesome
By Leah on 01/12/06 07:16 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had been considering the Xterra for about 2 years. I previously had a GMC Jimmy. I would rather have one Xterra than 10 GM models. The design of the Xterra is overall more appealing and more user friendly. Nissan was definetely thinking when they designed this SUV.

Truly a "Shift" in the Nissan sense
By JH in TX on 01/07/06 04:23 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in an '02 Maxima SE for my Xterra (different needs) and I love my new rig. Nissan really has their stuff together and I am glad to benefit from their change in styling, performance, and quality. I made the move from Honda to Nissan in '98 and haven't regretted it at all. I thoroughly enjoy my new Xterra from its powerful engine to the great stereo. The ride is firm but controlled, and the stereo is fantastic (much better than the Bose in my Maxima). Combine that with great reliablity and a strong dealership--this Xterra makes the ninth Nissan purchased by our family or neighbors from Peacock Nissan in the last 4 years--and you can't go wrong. My dogs love it too.

Good for what it is
By rizzo on 01/06/06 13:00 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I replace my VW Passat with this vehicle, and based on my experiences with nissan, I am expecting better reliability. First of all, this is a truck, if you want a car, or an SUV that drives like a car -- don't but this vehicle. Utility is great, with little storage spaces everywhere. It drives alright for a truck, and seems pretty stable. I'm 6'4", nad have a enough legroom - something that set it apart from others in its' class. I'm getting about 18 MPG, which is ~ok~, but certainly not good The only real negative is he stock setero -it's gotta go - terrible brakes are a little soft for my liking, but I am comparing it to a BMW 325 and VW Passat.

Xterra Offroad 05
By Ciscom on 01/03/06 08:07 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned a Nissan and was very happy with the quality and reliability of Nissan's products. I went from a Nissan pickup to the Xterra and am very satisfied with this SUV. Fuel mileage is better than I expected (6 cyl.) Performance, quality, looks/styling are all good. One suggestion to Nissan, cutback on the amount of interior plastic, otherwise the Xterra is an excellant SUV.

Fun SUV
By Steve on 01/02/06 22:42 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

We're very pleased so far with our Xterra. It has room for our kids and is very versatile. Interior is easy to clean, big plus with kids, VERY capable offroad. Engine has plenty of power, which I upgraded with an air intake and exhaust system, probably got me 15 to 20 extra HP. Now it sounds as good as it goes. Handles well and is easy to park.

Nice vehicle
By Headhunter on 12/30/05 00:52 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I planned on driving a number of SUV's before purchasing one. The first one I drove was the Xterra and I loved it. Bought it on the spot and got a great year end deal. I would recommend this truck to anyone looking for a smaller more rugged SUV with plenty of power. Upgraded from a Jeep Wrangler. 100% would recommend.

do-it-all SUV and a great value
By RP on 12/29/05 14:43 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

superb drive train with 6 speed, ample power for running at 2000 RPM's max through the gears (for acceptable MPG) or moving quick if necessary. Only turns 2000 RPM's at 70 MPH. Nice build quality, solid and quiet. Great for family, recreation, hauling, or off-road. The best price / value available in the market.

Best true SUV
By Joe 6 Pack on 12/07/05 14:20 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you are looking for a vehicle that puts the "Utility" back in SUV then this vehicle is for you. This is not one of those sissy soccer mom SUV's!!! I bought my Xterra a few months ago and I absolutely love it. There is no where this cannot go and nothing it cannot do. Thought about getting a Jeep Liberty (less interior room and more expensive) and a Toyota 4Runner (much more expensive feature-to- feature), but overall the Xterra was a much better value. Absolutely no regrets

Great Utilitarian SUV
By Steve Williamson on 12/07/05 14:07 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Nissan XTerra SE is fully a utilitarian vehicle with a rugged design. The Rockford- Fosgate stereo addition is a very nice added feature. Seats are heavy duty and the included floor mats look like something from a constuction site (a good thing). Visibility out of this vehicle is excellent from all sides. It's a lot of fun to drive and has a youthful, sexy appeal to it. There is plenty of cargo room in the back. Has great side steps and a step on the back bumper to easily get to the roof for securing cargo. Ride is a bit rough, but that is fine with me -- it rides like a truck. I won't complain about gas mileage because, hey, it's an SUV folks.

Middle aged Xterra owner.
By ROADING on 12/02/05 14:34 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really love driving this vehicle! Love the stiff suspension, quick tight responsive steering and the added horse power.