2005 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: 5 year review of 2005 Nissan X

2005 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

5 year review of 2005 Nissan Xterra SE
By 8watt300b on

2005 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle new, ordered in the color and trim level that I wanted. In the 5 years I have owned it I have had to replace (under warranty - the fuel tank sensor, a u-joint). The CD player quit working just off of warranty and I haven't changed it as I use an ipod with FM modulator. The vehicle overall have been fantastic. I have put a couple hundred thousand hassle free kms on it and it hasn't had any more problems than any other vehicle I have ever owned. It's still solid, tight and peppy. Excellent for a small family, great for work use in the oilfield. Reliable.

Truck like build, off road ability, road stability. Consumer Reports "recommended best buy" rating. Excellent transmission. Pretty good on fuel. Keeps with most small v-8's. Towed a 25 foot holiday trailer with it and it did so just fine (with anti sway system).

I put a 2 inch lift and slightly larger tires under it, Airaid intake, full under armor, neoprene seat covers and the Nissan rubber floor mats (are an amazing fit). Comes as a pretty darned good unit to begin with. Just wish you could get all the features of the SE and Offroad editions in one.