2005 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: 2005 Solar Yellow X - WOW! Lo

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Review

2005 Solar Yellow X - WOW! Lotsa power!
By Mike on

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a former Nissan Pathfinder owner (2001 & 2003) who recently "stepped down" to a 2005 Xterra. Well, I realized quickly that there was hardly any "stepping down" whatsoever once I actually started driving the X on a daily basis! This baby is fun to drive and the 2005 has plenty of power (watch your speedometer or old Smokie will get you!!!!) Also, the new 4.0/265HP Engine actually gets better gas mileage than my previous 2 Pathy's ever got - and although this is a SUV, gas mileage so far is more than acceptable and I don't think it will be an issue for me at all. Lots of great forums for Xterra owners (do a google search) and you will see more than enough information on the great X!

The Solar Yellow paint (it's the best!) The new 4.0/265HP Engine! It'll FLY! The new Wipe-down cargo area (very, very handy!). Very roomy interior (my wife prefers the X passenger area over my previous Pathy).

Speakers don't sound too bad - but I will be upgrading them sometime this summer. The only thing I miss from my Pathy ownership is a sunroof. It would be nice if Nissan could figure out something special for the Xterra in regards to adding a sunroof, but I understand it's hard given the X roofline