2005 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
this is number 7 nissian
By bobby on 04/02/05 09:40 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

wow its real fast. i had a 04 and gladly got rid and upgraded to the 05 the smartest thing i have ever done. i am in slc utah and definitley be going to moab this summer. look out jeeps there's another bad boy now

Xterra to the n'th Power
By NewXterraFan on 04/01/05 12:23 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been looking for an SUV that looks good and fun to drive and I've found it in the 2005 Xterra. This SUV is awesome with its new upgraded engine,interior, exterior, and a whole lot more. I've been driving this SUV under both street and offroad conditions for the past month and all I have to say is, WOW!!! Its 265HP-V6 has got to be the best upgrade Nissan has given the Xterra. The difference in handling and performance between the 2005 and 2004 model is night and day, not to mention the roominess of the interior compartment!!! If you are looking for a reasonably priced SUV that has everything you'll ever need, you can't go wrong with the 2005 Xterra!! One word - AWESOME!!

a new experience
By dick on 03/31/05 22:32 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

built on a new platform, nissan has done a great job with this new model.the quality and performance are outstanding. very quiet and a comfortable ride.

X-treem mommy mobile
By rain_mckenna on 03/31/05 15:45 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i love this vehicle. my only problem is the looseness of the steering wheel. it did take some time getting used to, but it proved out well in our 600 mile drive to FLA for spring break.

XE Model, AT, 4WD
By Dan Wilner on 03/30/05 04:43 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this SUV in June 2004. I have been very satisfied with it. While it is built for rugged use, it is excellent around town and on the highway as long as one realized this automobile is buit on a truck frame and responds accordingly. The interior is comfortable with well thought out space usage. No repairs have been required to date. I highly recommend this SUV.

not too great
By dfs on 03/16/05 12:31 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this suv is good for offroad, if u plan on driving everyday make sure u have ALOT of extra money for gas. It is unbelievable how much gas this car eats if i would have known i would not have purchased. It slides all over the place in the snow unless u put it in 4 wheel drive! even if its less then an inch of snow!!! u def. cannot fit 3 people in the back seat unless they are super skinny! so unless ur specific use for this car is off road i dont recommend it

A super vehicle
By Scott on 03/09/05 19:53 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

"The 2005 Xterra S is vastly improved over past models. In one day test drove both the Xterra and Honda CR-V and greatly preferred the Xterra. It drives quite smoothly (though you are aware that you're in a truck-based SUV) and is extremely quiet. The interior is thoughtfully designed and comfortable, though certainly not plush. One of the best aspects of the Xterra is its storage capability and its general utility. Negatives are: gas mileage, lack of an optional factory-installed GPS system, audio system. The GPS and audio system aren't big deals and can be solved by after-market units. Gas mileage is a bigger problem, but is no worse than most other comparable SUVs.

Buy an Xterra!!!
By Eddie Huerta on 03/08/05 16:04 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2000 Xterra in for the new 2005 Xterra. I think Nissan did a great job redesigning and adding more power to the "X". To me, acceleration was the only issue with my old one. I love my new Truck, I would never own any other car or truck if it wasn't a Nissan.

New Xterra well designed
By RichieGil on 03/07/05 17:47 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nissan's entire product line has come a long way since it's bland offerings of the late 90s. The new Xterra is no exception. Traded a 2 year old RAV4 with a rattly dashboard and 4 cyl. engine. This is my wife's car. I have an 04 Frontier w/3.3 liter engine (same as 04 Xterra). 4.0 liter in 05 is noticable peppier. We actually went to buy an 04 on clearance and decided to spring for the extra $. My wife loves it and it is a head turner. Test drove a Highlander (nice car, but boring) and a Pilot (surprisely uncomfortable seats) and settled on this cool car and Nissan's reputation for dependability. Similar to Pathfinder in looks, but a lot more affordable.

It's a truck!
By Susan on 03/05/05 19:24 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just picked up my Xterra last night, so I've only driven it 50 miles, mostly city. I haven't loved a vehicle this much since my 1995 Ford Bronco. The Xterra is definetly not a luxury vehicle, and although my last SUV (Toyota Sequoia Limited)was, I find I don't miss the plush interior and "bells and Whistles." What the Xterra lacks in interior luxury it makes up for in other ways. The Rockford Fosgate-powered stereo system is awesome, you can feel the base in your seat! The new engine in the Xterra is so powerful you really have to watch yourself. Ultimately the Xterra rides like a truck not a car, to me that's a good thing. It's a great truck!