Used 2005 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Nissans have poor paint jobs
By timothy

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My paint job is horrible and i got luv bugs on it , and in just a couple of hours it took the paint off, my dealership will not fix it it is a cheap paint job

It is fun to drive

Needs a better paint job

ugly xterra
By johnson

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

my wife and her female friends really like it...the 265 hp v6 performs strong, it's an odd (unattractive) vehicle, cheap plastic interior, the ride reminds me of a mid 70s cj-5 i had years ago, too high price for as cheap as this X is constructed, would not recommend this vehicle.......

Well rounded suv
By Jeffvibe03

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has surprised me every time I drive it. It has superior handling for a truck based SUV and is extremely powerful for a V6. On a recent 1500 mile trip averaged 23 mpg. Was extremely comfortable, even if the ride is tuned on the sporty side. Overall I would recommend to anyone looking for a rugged and fun to drive SUV to check it out!

4.0L V6 and 5 speed automatic, outstanding Sound system with Sirius and 6 disc changer. Great handling and off road ability. Rugged and wear resistant interior.

Stronger brakes would be nice, the pedal is somewhat soft and misleading about the actual braking of the vehicle. A more scratch resistant material on the bumpers would be nice, especially with so many of these SUVs going off road. An HID light option would be nice as well.

fun to drive
By gary

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

only had the X for 5 months but it is just a ball to drive. i have never been happier with a vehicle

road handeling

improve plastic used

Awesome little SUV
By Pwrl3ss

2005 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I are really happy about our decision to buy a new 2nd gen. Xterra. We were considering buying a H3, but in comparison to what you get for the price, the X made more sense. Don't get me wrong, the H3 is nice (under-powered though) but it's not worth the extra $10k for it. I would say the fit and finish of our Xterra is as good if not better than the H3. The cabin is quiet when cruising around. Interior noise under acceleration though seems a little loud but hey that's a good thing because it reminds you got a little monster under the hood. The X definitely has power on tap, which was I think the biggest factor in our decision to buy the X.

4.0-V6, price, 4x4 capability, size

Side airbags and rollover sensor standard on all models