Used 2005 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

left me stranded
By bmanjeep

2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

squeaks in back hatch recently fixed. squeaks and rattles in front right not checked yet...had to have computer replaced. Would not start or even turn over. Warranty covered all work. Not sure I made the right decision on trading in my 1991 Ranger.

Engine hp transmission shift perfectly

build quality!!! My old Ranger had fewer squeaks and rattles!!!

Most Fun
By John Holdren

2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've never had more fun owning a car/truck. She runs like a sewing machine. Handles on the mountain passes here in CO perfectly. Off road very reliable. The girls wish it had a lighted passenger mirror. I bought 'em a make-up mirror and a flashlight.

Handling, looks, utility features.

Navigation is not offered on the Xterra. I would suggest nav and that dang lighted passenger mirror. OK, driver's side mirror too.

WOW, what a truck!!
By twistedmike

2005 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I found the truck used on autotrader for $22,000 and i had to have it. i traded in my 2000 dodge ram in to get it, and haven't looked back yet. I would suggest it to anyone who is wanting a larger SUV without the fuel economy of an 8 cyl gas guzzler. It has plenty of power (265 hp) and plenty of ground clearance. I get alot of looks driving my jet black xterra with my xm blairing "the squiz" going down the road. Fantastic truck. Highly recomended!

Rockford Fostgate sound system, 265 hp, four spoke wheels, romovable back seat, attention i receive!

some people would say fuel economy, but what can you expect with a 2 1/2 ton vehicle?? i average around 16 in my 4WD, so no suggested improvements

Nissans have poor paint jobs
By timothy

2005 Nissan Xterra SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My paint job is horrible and i got luv bugs on it , and in just a couple of hours it took the paint off, my dealership will not fix it it is a cheap paint job

It is fun to drive

Needs a better paint job

ugly xterra
By johnson

2005 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

my wife and her female friends really like it...the 265 hp v6 performs strong, it's an odd (unattractive) vehicle, cheap plastic interior, the ride reminds me of a mid 70s cj-5 i had years ago, too high price for as cheap as this X is constructed, would not recommend this vehicle.......