2005 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
A few words about the new Xterra
By PL Muren on 07/03/05 15:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned and liked the original Xterra; I still had a few things on my wish list. I wanted more power, an easier to use transfer case and better interior design, especially with regard to the folding of the rear seats. All of these things and more were fixed on the new model. The new engine delivers a rush of power one seldom experiences in a vehicle in this class. The new electronic transfer case is a joy to use even especially when the driver is tired. The rear seats fold flat without the need for removing and storing any cushions. While I thought the older model somewhat more attractive, nearly everthing else is better on the new one. The built-in XM radio is a joy to own!

Gas
By JASON on 07/01/05 12:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It handles very nicely i just wish it would get better gas mileage on the interstate. I travel with 3 kids 70 miles round trip so far i like it. Its roomy and comfy.

2005 Solar Yellow X - WOW! Lotsa power!
By Mike on 06/25/05 04:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a former Nissan Pathfinder owner (2001 & 2003) who recently "stepped down" to a 2005 Xterra. Well, I realized quickly that there was hardly any "stepping down" whatsoever once I actually started driving the X on a daily basis! This baby is fun to drive and the 2005 has plenty of power (watch your speedometer or old Smokie will get you!!!!) Also, the new 4.0/265HP Engine actually gets better gas mileage than my previous 2 Pathy's ever got - and although this is a SUV, gas mileage so far is more than acceptable and I don't think it will be an issue for me at all. Lots of great forums for Xterra owners (do a google search) and you will see more than enough information on the great X!

Love my X
By Ike on 06/22/05 21:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a number of SUV's over the years (4-runner, explorer, cherokee) and I'm quite pleased with the new Xterra - the 265hp V6 provides more than enough power. It's quite roomy inside for a 6' 7" guy like myself. The styling is simple and functional, but still looks quite good.

Great truck, but we don't all surf Calf.
By Tim on 06/21/05 12:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The off-road X-terra I bought is a great combination suv to drive to were you want to go off road, and then to go off-road. It compares favorably with the Jeep Wrangler off-road, but gives you a lot more comfort on the highway. It also has a lot more room inside, and great storage system inside and out. Much wider and roomier than the previous X-Terra's. My only major complaint is with the idiot engineerwho took the sunroof out and replaced it with that plastic bucket and cover on the roof. Now it's supposed to be for wet things, like I want to put my dead fish up there, so it can drip on my roof and get baked in. NICE SMELLING TRUCK DUDE, maybe my waders after a duck hunt so they freeze in.

Fast, Quiet, Functional, and Tough!
By Pete Dant on 06/20/05 23:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Amazing vehicle for the money. I traded a 2003 V8 Silverado for this more sensible vehicle. The turning radius is amazing, U-turns are no problem, parking is easy. Silent interior, yet firm suspension for taking turns. Effortless acceleration, plenty of power with instant throtle response. The Xterra looks tough, and stands out from the crowded SUV market. You can smack the dealers around all day and the deals keep coming, so be firm and ask them to add dealer accessories at no charge like step bars, hitch, etc.

Great for my "mid life crisis"
By Cindy Smith on 06/17/05 01:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm in my final years of toting my teens around to soccer etc., but I'm still having a blast driving this SUV. I teach high-school, and the kids think I have a neat car. It keeps me young!! It's almost paid for, and I plan to keep it awhile. I've taken several long trips and it is very comfortable for everyone.

My first SUV
By Michele Small on 06/16/05 21:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchsed Nissan cars for years, but as our winters are getting worse and worse, I needed an SUV to travel to my appointments safely. Although gas mileage is not super, the vehicle more than makes up for it. I love the 4wd easy shifting, the reliability of the vehicle, and the way it handles. I wanted a dependable and durable vehicle,not neccessarily with lots of "bells and whistles". I love this vehicle and will never have another car. Did I mention that with 5 dogs, we have added a dog gate behind the back (stadium stacked) seats and they LOVE it. Practical and my pick for an SUV!

05 Xterra
By Janet on 06/16/05 14:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

LOVE IT!!! I just traded in my GMC Jimmy of 10 years. Did not think I was going to find another SUV with such reliability and built, but I did. Looking forward to the next 10 years with this truck.

In Front of the Class...
By Consult410 on 06/14/05 10:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My last Nissan, was a 1994 Pathfinder, which is still running like new, so when it came time to purchase a new model, the New Pathfinder didn't fit what I was exactly looking for, so I decided to test drive the 2005 Xterra. It was love all over again... The Xterra is an incredible off road SUV, and drives pretty comfortably in the city too. I am so pleased with my final decision to purchase the new Xterra... If you want a true SUV, Xterra is the model you should check out, because it is an incredible SUV.