2005 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
dependable workhorse
By msferd on 07/31/09 16:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

nice. nice. nice. bought this vehicle to help me rebuild after Hurricane Katrina. The shock came when I was able to haul a 5ft patio door with ease.

Nissan Hit the Target With the Xterra
By Will on 07/13/07 13:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

First off, the Xterra is not a vehicle for everyone. It rides like a truck, is built like a truck, and feels like a truck. So if this does not appeal to you, look elsewhere. If you like the idea of a vehicle that has a lot of storage, holds 4 people and gear in decent comfort, then the Xterra is a great choice. The vehicle is extremely useful. There are pockets, and bins all over. It is the first vehicle I have owned that lets me keep all the junk I carry with me organized.

Practical Fun
By maximus on 02/03/07 00:09 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a fun car to drive with a lot of pluses, although there are also some negatives. The pluses include the industrial styling - if that's your thing, lots of power, storage galore, easy to clean interior, vehicle stability control, low tire pressure warning gauge, very quiet interior - even at 80+mph, interior tie down points everywhere, great door cup holders, and a great sounding stereo system. The negatives include interior plastic pieces that scratch very easily, chintzy chrome handles, semi-functional center cup holders, difficult rear entry/exit due to short wheelbase, base stereo does not read MP3 cds or have an auxiliary audio input.

Awesome
By 25 year old X owner on 01/23/07 15:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very well built and well thought out veh. All the little things like tie downs, roof storage are, dual glove box, door cup holder, are great to have. This veh would not be a very good for people who would have to use the back seat b/c of fender/wheel clearance area. Other than that this veh is awesome. Strong motor, good steering, nice stereo (even the standard one), in trunk floor storage, etc. All of the seats will fold flat including the front passenger seat. There are steps on the rear bumper which allow access to the roof of the vehicle if needed. Engine feels strong and I havent had a single problem with this veh since the day i bought it new

First Nissan and I love it!
By Daniel on 01/09/07 15:43 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned Chevy SUVs in the past but had not driven one (SUV) for several years until the Xterra. I wanted one for awhile but the engine choices just seemed too limited and the design was almost there until the new style and engine of 2005. This is the most fun vehicle to drive ever! The fuel economy, while not the greatest, is admirable. I drive 90% on the highway and get about 21 mpg, however, you don't buy one of these for great mileage but for everything else this baby has to offer, and the list is huge. What a great experience this has been, of course I've only had it a few months so hopefully I'll still be singing praises in a couple of years!

Great vehicle, weak dealerships
By Cedric on 11/03/06 16:07 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 16 months, I'm still completely satisfied with the Xterra. Nissan's support network is another matter. One dealership totally botched the recall work on the factory trailer hitch; another botched a simple repair on some interior trim. My experience is that there's great design and quality control at the factory, but the dealer network needs to be brought up to a higher standard. Nonetheless it's an easy to drive, well designed SUV with versatile interior space and good ergonomics. Just hope you can avoid the dealer's service department!

fun to drive
By gary on 05/08/06 02:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

only had the X for 5 months but it is just a ball to drive. i have never been happier with a vehicle

'05 Xterra S 6-speed
By Jim on 02/28/06 22:10 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it used with 900 miles, have put 5000 miles on it, with no problems. Fun to drive, very roomy, handles and performs well. 6-speed Manual gets up to 25 mpg on the highway. Glad that I bought this vehicle.

I Love It
By Lex on 11/24/05 20:29 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I Love my new Niisan Xterra, It is so nice, rides so smoothly and looks like nothing else. I am so happy i got this and not the Toyota Rav 4, It is a ton better and has alot more quality!! Thanx

Great Surprise!!!!!!!!!
By JM on 11/11/05 13:20 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Xterra S Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I went in to look at the 350z and drove off with the X. I was so impressed with the horsepower,the interior comfort and the look. I bought the 6 speed which is amazing for gas mileage. Living in Florida I opted not to purchase the Off Road 4x4, instead the Utility Pack which included Stability Control and ABLS. This is my first SUV. I dont think I will ever purchase a car again.