Xterra makes for love/hate relationship!
By Nothead on
2004 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
I have had my Xterra for about a month now and I am truly in a love hate relationship with it. I must say that I do "love it" much more than I hate it though. The power must be increased for this monster. The gas mileage must be worked on too, it really sucks to have poor mileage from a vehicle that has weak gittyup! I have to really step on it to make it get out of the blocks if I want to pass another car. Kinda wished I had waited to get the 05 model coming out nest year. Leg room is down right short for rear passengers. Front driver leg room can be improved too. I scrape my knees on the wheel each time I climb in even though the steering wheel is in the high tilt position.
Favorite Features
Cargo space, stadium seating, big tires makes it ride high. Rugged looking. Plenty of AC outlets. Sound system not pretty to look at but sounds really good.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the dash with some color please, very boring gage cluster. Get rid of the base model radio and make the "Fosgate" the standard radio if you really want to target the younger market! Better gas mileage pleaseeee! Lord know this thing needs more power to pull it's big butt up the road!!!