Some X's are better than others, I wasn't lucky
By paraguayo on
2004 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)
I bought my X in 2004, at first everything went great. I have 167 K miles on mine and it wasn't a walk in the park. Where do I start, at 120k miles i spent 1500 dollars repairing the entire cluth assy. At 130 K the entire brake system went to hell ( another 1200 dollars. at 135 k miles the shocks went to hell ( another 900 dollars). At 138k miles or so 150 to replace the liner. Long story short...I replaced the compressor ( 900 dollars) , the water pump ( 700 dollars) , I replaced the radio ( 130 dollars) , the catalyst converter ( 900 dollars or so) , I had to replace the starter ( 800 dollars) . Now at 167 K miles , the only thing I haven't replaced is the cup holder..IT SUCKS!
By iwon
on 09/27/14 15:47 PM (PDT)

[non-permissible content removed]. Theres no way the parts/labor cost as much as this review states. Its not this high to repair them & If this person really spent $900 for shocks that only cost $28 each and less than 1 hr labor to install all 4, then spent $800 on the starter thats only $250 installed by a dealer then they really need to find a new mechanic. No Way they own this truck!!!!!! Land Rovers are the highest costing repair SUV & they are not as much to repair as this person says they paid for repairs....Get real man! My Xterra has over 300k on it and Its only had 2 starters $75ea that I installed myself its so easy,2 alts $80ea I installed too, 1 supercharger rebuild{bearings I replaced myself}. Except the supercharger maintenance these are normal repairs for any car with 300k miles. Rest has been regular maintenance shocks,tires,brakes, belts ect... Other than the air cond unit needing charged alot witch are a problem on these trucks anyone who really drives one will tell you they are very very reliable for many miles and many yrs. Getting ready to sell mine and I will be buying another with lower miles. I'd buy a truckload of them if I had the cash. Just a fantastic truck and if this Nissan hater really owned one they would know it!! Thats why so many people clicked the thumbs down on this review...lol...Real Xterra owners know different.