quite pleased
By smabes on
2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
Aside from a few little odds and ends that I would improve, I feel as though the car has lives up to its name and has proven itself worthy out in the woods. I tow things with it, carry canoes and kayaks with it, although this is sometimes difficult as the height of the car is a bit high, and have had lots of fun 4-wheeling around in the woods and getting around town when 9 inches of snow falls in a day and the city doesn't feel like plowing. Overall, I don't feel bad about getting it dirty or even a little scratched up...as long as I have a good adventure to go along with it...and that's what I think the Xterra is all about
Favorite Features
Good ground clearance and decent tires. The 6disc CDplayer sounds great and the roof rack is handy. Lots of room for myself, girlfriend, dog, and lots of gear. The 4-wheel drive is a great feature to have.
Suggested Improvements
Bad gas mileage. Inconvenient rear seat folding down process. The engine could use a bit more power. The odometer is hard to see when it is very bright out. Wish the back hatch had a separate window opening so I could hang things out the back if I had to.