I love this Xterra
By Michele Small on
2004 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
I have owned Nissan Vehicles for over 25 years and I LOVE them. I live in the northern west tip of NY state and we have SNOW!!! I got tired of never having a secure feeling in a car on bad roads so I traded in my Maxima for this Xterra. The very next day we had 8 inches of snow and the 20 mile drive to work was SO MUCH SAFER! The interior of this vehicle is pretty well bare bones, buut I have all that I want...cruise, air, 4wd and SPACE to carry my 25 lb bags of birdfood as well as my dogs!! I LOVE this vehicle as it suits my size as well...5'1" and 120 lbs. I can handle the vehicle and not feel overwhelmed (as I do in my husbands' Ford F150). I don't mind the winter now!
Favorite Features
Handles well. Easy to put in and out of 4wd. Solid ride. Looks sporty. Luxury items like CD player, air, cruise. Perfect size for me..not overwhelming. Started this morning in a windchill of -40F after sitting out all night. Lots of space for my dogs and huge bags of bird food.
Suggested Improvements
More CD/other storage space. Radio controls on wheel (as on Nissan cars). Locate inside hood release in amore convenient spot.