Used 2004 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Nice looking, rough ride
By Jimbo

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Xterra's are really nice looking, however, they ride rough on the pavement. If you primarily drive this on the pavement I don't recommend it. Buyers should get a Honda CRV, Element, or Toyota Rav 4 instead of this gas hog!

Rides high, and looks cool. Turning radius.

Rear bench seat in order for it to fold down flat you have to remove the seat cushions. Very annoying and a hassle to find places to store it. Gas mileage is bad and it goes through air cleaners quick, had to get a new one at just 6,000 miles.

2004 Nissan Xterra
By wendy

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Xterra. It has been very dependable, drives great and the look is awesome. My gas mileage is not great, but having a SUV you have to expect that.

The roof.

Made for adventure
By big_schmidty

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Great offroad capability. It has handled everything I've come across offroad with ease. I used to be a die- hard Jeep fan, but this vehicle changed me. Comfortable with multiple passengers and car seat. Plenty of storage in back and roof rack. 14,000 miles without a problem. We have owned other Nissans which have impressed us with their reliability and we're betting our Xterra won't disappoint. Terrific SUV for the $

4X4. The vehicle is at home offroad. Storage. Plenty of room for the children and dog.

Gas mileage. Horsepower.

T's "Terra"
By Chocolate

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I've driven Nissans before and I always said that I would get another one. I went to the dealership to get an Altima and left with an Xterra. It is SHARP,CUTE and I know for a fact that all nissans are dependable. I have been looking at the Xterra since it came out in 2000. I have always adored it. It has great storage the seats letting down was also a perk. To me, it's a step down from the Armada. Yes, I said it. I have teenage and a school age children, plus a dog and we all love it. Try cruising in it on a pretty Spring day and everybody has a window. Then you will know what you are missing. This is 1 SUV that is worth the money. I chose this over Honda HAPPILY!!!

The entire car!!!! Has such a sleek, sporty look. I have the usage of a truck in the style of a suv. The space, i thought that when i stopped driving the astro van and starting looking more like a new-age mother, i would miss out on alot a features. I didn't!! It's just a different kind of space.

More leg space. Rear a/c and heat. Much better gas mileage!! More room for storage for driver in front. I just can put my owner's mannual in the glove compartment. Where can i put my cd's or the holder, my shades/glasses. Small things like that. Suspension is a little rough, adapt over time!

Pleased
By John

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

One thing I did right away was to adjust the throttle cables under the hood as they come from the factory with alot of play. Once I tightened these up the pedal response was amazing! I also put a K&N air filter in as well as new synthetic redline oil. With these simple changes I am getting 20 miles per gallon and drives great!!!

exterior styling

Nissan is too cheap on plastic parts on interior.