2004 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Just too cool
By GenO on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Super fun to drive and great looking. MPG not the greatest for todays prices but you know that buying it. Inside is comfortable with plenty of room for people and "stuff". The Xterra feels very stable while driving even at high speeds. Acceleration is normal for a truck this size with the six cyl. Although the acceleration is a bit slugglish when going up "steep" roadways or while towing, although you can feel the pulling power. I did some light off roading with mine and had zero complaints, especially with with the 4 wheel drive.

Fun, cool looking, but built cheaply
By racolo on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fun, cool looking, but built cheaply

Great for price, but...
By burger on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am a 27-year old male, living in LA. Commute's only a few miles away, never had a new car, always wanted an SUV, so I got the Xterra. Test drove several SUVs and while performance wise this would not be my first pick, for the price and the look I was sold. It fits me to a T this car. I got mine in black, it's rugged looking and compliments have been plenty. However the gas mileage is atrocious! On a 19 gallon tank, I've probably averaged somewhere between 210 - 240 miles before it starts to reach E. They can definitely do better than that. So while I'd recommend this car to the younger, hipster person w/ a short commute, it's not ideal for the practical crowd or folks w/ long commutes.

I love my SUV
By Tracy johnson on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Love my SUV I have had from a corvette to a mini van and this nisson is my favorite!!! I love it and is so fun to drive. I have had many compliments and even had people follow me into gas stations to tell me they LOVE my car! I am very happy and would buy it all over again!!! Tracy Johnson

Great SUV for the $$
By sj on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Very happy with this purchase. We drove numerous SUV's before buying the Xterra. All others we tested were in the $30-40k range, but didn't see the point in paying that kind of money with the depreciation rate. Rugged design is nice and performance is very good. Turning capabilities are excellent and it handles very well on any type of road. Rides a little rougher since it's based on truck chassis. Storage is ample with the seats folded down.

My First New Nissan
By jazziegirlie on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My Nephew had a Nissan Xterra, and I asked him how he likes it and he said they loved it, so they lived in mobile we had a Ford F350 which rode rough and I was having back surgery so we drove right to Birmingham and bought one over the phone all we had to do was go sign the papers and it was a done deal and we love it, No comparision to the F350 Dually Diesel, will buy another one in probably 3 years just like it maybe a different color. Good Power, I love my Exterra!!! and as many as I see on the road there must be alot of people who love them do.

Power
By JOE Shmoe on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

this car could climb everest it has a powerful v6 and is backed with a killer 4wd system. iwouldnt trade it for anything

Loves Petro
By NNeal on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is one of the most confusing things I have ever owned. To have a small 170 hp v6 this thing drinks more gas and puts out less power than anything out on the road.It is hard to love a car that on it's best day gets 19 mpg and needs a good half mile of clear highway to pass another motorist. It is a joy to drive around town running errons but besides that it stay in my garage, I would never recomamend this one to anyone.

Love my Xterra
By Maryanne on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Went shopping and was disapointed in ride of 4 cyl. SUV (Rav4 and Liberty). Like the way it handles. Pickup is a little slow, but I'm not a speed demon. Feel this vehicle is under rated.

Nissan Xterra SE 4wd
By Buteo on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

If you're looking for: -Off Road prowess -Utility everywhere -An acceptable towing vehicle -A fun to drive car -An spacious vehicle The Nissan Xterra is the vehicle of your dreams! If you're looking for that features that typical cute-utes can bring... Go for another car.