2004 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
I love this Xterra
By Michele Small on 12/20/04 19:43 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned Nissan Vehicles for over 25 years and I LOVE them. I live in the northern west tip of NY state and we have SNOW!!! I got tired of never having a secure feeling in a car on bad roads so I traded in my Maxima for this Xterra. The very next day we had 8 inches of snow and the 20 mile drive to work was SO MUCH SAFER! The interior of this vehicle is pretty well bare bones, buut I have all that I want...cruise, air, 4wd and SPACE to carry my 25 lb bags of birdfood as well as my dogs!! I LOVE this vehicle as it suits my size as well...5'1" and 120 lbs. I can handle the vehicle and not feel overwhelmed (as I do in my husbands' Ford F150). I don't mind the winter now!

my Xterra Rawks
By Doug Bolst on 12/12/04 00:49 AM (PST)

It's Awesome, i love it

It Rocks
By Charlotte on 12/10/04 00:46 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my XTerra. When it is time for a new vehicle, it will most likely be an XTerra. It has been so very reliable, and has saved me from being injured in a very serious accident. I highly recommend the XTerra.

Buy this SUV
By Pat on 12/07/04 15:06 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Xterra. First one was 2wheel drive, this one is 4 wheel drive. Looks like major changes to exterior of the 2005 models. I don't know about them, but I have been very happy with my 2003 and 2004. Its supposed to be marketed to kids but I'm 50 and lovin it. Don't be afraid to buy this SUV. Its just as sexy as a Toyota and more dependable than a Chevy, and $5000 less than either one. Shop at the last of the month and add factory incentives, you could bring one of these 4X4's home for around $21000. I did.

Sharp Looking SUV
By scaleman on 12/05/04 23:06 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

One problem when first bought xterra, supercharger was defective and had to be replaced. Once problem solved the truck is fine.. Please to drive, its truck like, big and awesome. Great tires and ride is fair for a truck. Maybe want the new model

Dependable!
By Valeriern2004 on 12/02/04 08:53 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My first Xterra was a total loss due to a careless driver who pulled out and rolled my truck. This vehicle was incredibly tough. I had a seat belt on and came through the accident without a scratch! I honestly love the Xterra. I feel it safe and reliable. I bought another. I love the look and know I can load up the dog,bikes,camping gear, and a couple of friends! It is a good buy for the 2004 models. I love shifting on the fly, it does well in the snow! This is a well built vehicle! I love it!

David's review
By Bowhunter on 11/11/04 15:07 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic truck put 130,000 on a frontier..Xterra is nice, roomy and perfect for my business

Xterra Rocks
By mik922 on 11/07/04 13:09 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The Xterra has damn good looks and is very capable off-road. The only downside that I see is the fuel mileage at about 15 mpg.

xterra
By nickker on 11/07/04 09:53 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

most dependable, comfy and fun to drive vehicle i ever owned...just wish it had a bigger fuel tank and better mileage...i admit it is the supercharged version and love to kick it at red lights but the overall economy is low to say the least....don't expect more than 13mpg city or highway....

for the money, hard to beat
By unionjack on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Have had the truck going on three years. Other than a couple of minor recalls, no problems. Have driven several times across the country and put 60,000 miles on it in three years. It runs like the day i drove it off the lot. I have to say, for the money, you would be hard pressed to find a better deal on the market.