2004 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
quite pleased
By smabes on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Aside from a few little odds and ends that I would improve, I feel as though the car has lives up to its name and has proven itself worthy out in the woods. I tow things with it, carry canoes and kayaks with it, although this is sometimes difficult as the height of the car is a bit high, and have had lots of fun 4-wheeling around in the woods and getting around town when 9 inches of snow falls in a day and the city doesn't feel like plowing. Overall, I don't feel bad about getting it dirty or even a little scratched up...as long as I have a good adventure to go along with it...and that's what I think the Xterra is all about

Xterra Review
By Hglider on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Rugged vehicle, cool styling, versatile. All around good vehicle for my needs but a few irritating things which could be improved (listed below). A big decision factor in buying it was anticipating high reliability. So far so good, but time will tell.

Corkie's review
By Corkie on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Handle's well in 4WD during the recent snow. Seems a bit sluggish at first but better as it's breaking in. Reliable vehicle, came highly recommended from co-workers.

GREAT CAR NEVER GET ANOTHER SEDAN AGAIN!
By Taylor2 on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE MY XTERRA I WOULD NOT EXCHANGE IT FOR THE WORLD. I LOVE TO GO OFF ROADING IN IT AND IT PERFORMS WELL IN THE SNOW. I GOT IT BRAND NEW AS A 17TH BIRTHDAY GIFT IN 2003 AND NOW 18 I WILL NEVER GET ANYTHING ELSE, ASLONG AS NISSAN KEEPS MAKING THE XTERRA NOTHING BUT WONDERFUL THINGS!!! IT WILL GO TO COLLEGE WITH ME IN VERMONT AND I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SNOW SEASON TO BEGIN!!!

Fun SUV
By TRO on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The SE S/C 2003 Xterra is a fun powerful SUV. Me and my wife argue who will drive it to work. She has a 2003 VW VR6 Jetta. Which is nice but more of a luxury car. Xterra is more fun.

MY BUTT HURTS
By OICU812 on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I drove it 900 miles this week and my butt hurts. Extra foam and a Sheep skin seat cover helps some. 100% city driving gave 15mpg and interstate gives 18 on windy days and 19.5 on calm days. At 4500 miles the only problem was an oil leak at a plug near the oil filter. The odometer is off by 3.4% so to be fair you can add another .5mpg to the above MPG. The dealer says the odometer can not be adjusted. I have a 02 Tahoe with 105 more HP and 1000lbs heavier and it gets better MPG, 16 city and the last highway trip was 21MPG(honest injun). AND ABOVE ALL IT DOES NOT MAKE MY BUTT HURT. My first NISSAN and I'm not happy. Time will tell.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By G SHEFFER on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

GREAT VEHICLE- MUST BE DRIVEN -FUN TO DRIVE AND NEAT TO OWN . ATTRACTS A WATCHING EYE OF THE PUBLIC. REAL QUALITY THAT OUR AUTOMAKERS LACK.

good stuff!
By jmoo on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

love this car with all the extras...only big downfall is that is sucks down as much gas.

no title
By ponderosa on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

great vehicle. fun to drive, handles great, terrible on fuel. need to pull a gas station behind you when you go on trip.

The best car I ever owned!!!
By salfaro on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I love my car. It's roomy. It has great cargo space and everything. Everyone complements me on my car.