2004 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Great Cruzer
By Cruzin Bill on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive,great crusier.So far i am really impressed.I think this is the best suv i have driven.My looking is over,i think i made a good choice.A good built suv.I like that it has a full frame under it.So far i have no complaints.Plenty of power and a great looker.Off road i can't help.

great color too!!
By dawnie on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS VEHICLE. IT DRIVES GREAT.

Fun to drive, but....
By WyLd chyLd, RN on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this "truck" a week ago and it's a fun toy, but very uncomfortable in city driving & freeways (bumpy & I could feel every roll) & horrible fuel economy ($32 for a full tank). I do like the off road driving (a "nature- type" SUV -- excellent in the Northwest), the sounds (cd player) and the look. Only time will tell if i will be totally satisfied.

Great Ride
By ckorejko on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Love this ride. It's fun - It's goodlooking - Large cargo space with really usable roof rack. Very functional interior layout. Great ride for camping, getting to the hiking trails, or any offroad activity. Cleans up easily inside after those offroad activities because of the material that covers the seats. Not bad for gas milage for what it is. If one is worried about the money for gas, an SUV should not even be an option considered. It gets about 20mpg but my foot gets heavy sometimes. When the cruise control is used and I keep it on 55 it does better.

Great SUV, Bad Gas Mileage
By Elway on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Have only had the vehicle for a little over a month. It has surpassed all of our expectations so far. Have joined the Nissan Xterra Club of Southern California and put our Xterra to the test. Awesome 4X4.

Love it!
By sixactual on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I like almost everything about my XTERRA, except the mileage and the gas guage. You simply can not read the fuel level without turning on the dash lights.

Truck
By Wayne98632 on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

It's a SUV based on a truck frame, how else to you think it would ride on road, like a truck. You want smooth on road driving buy a mini van.

Grows on you.
By Xterra2003 on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

At first I had some issues with the Xterra. I thought that fuel economy was bad and that it had a tough ride. I found these 2 issues to be the only problems with the vehicle and they turned out to be personal issues. I bought a truck based SUV and I have owned cars in the past. I had to go through a learning curve and after I have accepted this, I really love the truck-key is truck. It is a great buy and I am glad I bought it. The R.F. stereo is excellent too.

Capable Off-Road Vehicle
By Rome on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Very happy with the handling of this SUV both on and off-road. Steering is tight and responsive. I've heard previous years had problems with this, but it seem Nissan has fixed the problem. I also feel the 180 HP V-6 has plenty of power for this size vehicle. I'm very happy with responsivness of the engine. The 205 ft.lbs. of torque help acceleration too.

Big Inexpensive Fun
By firecapt. on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

It's as Big as the medium size SUV class vehicles, but it competes in the small/ compact SUV class @ the small SUV price. Well worth it!