2004 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Great Truck
By hect2r on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Awesome truck, great ride, not so good on gas....but, who cares? It's a good looking truck and I love it.

The Xterra is a great vehicle
By Xterra4ME74 on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is, by far, the best vehicle I've owned. It handles very well for the size of the vehicle. Steering is effortless; braking as well. It's a very smooth ride and loads of fun to drive. I've also ridden, in the back seat, and the "stadium" seating is an extremely nice feature. One can see out all the way around the car, even from the back seat. There is immense cargo room in the back and on the top . Having the cargo area lifted in the back makes it convenient when loading and unloading items. The console is designed well and the two extra power ports are convenient.

Rust Bucket
By Sonja Richardson on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Xterra 4 months ago. 1st time I washed it I noticed rust all over. I took it to 2 Nissan Dealers. 1 would not do anything, the other is willing to give it a acid bath. What a joke. It will be a complete rust bucket with in a year.

Very happy and Not happy!
By gallig92 on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Back in 2002 I had an Se model with a 5 speed manual tran.,and I loved it. Now i go to buy a new one this year and they dont have a manual tran in the Se. Now I but the tran i wanted,but not the model I wanted. I got the Xe instead of the Se.Why did Nissan do this?

most excellent xterra
By suv owner on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

im rating this suv because its a great and fun suv to drive and own , i also own a 02 4 runner its good too but not quite as fun as the x terra to drive .both are 4x4 "s ,i can highly recomend this suv to anyone . Aaron

So far, so good
By ELannan on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've only owned the vehicle for a few months, but I've been very satisfied. The downside is the gas milage being poor, but I expected that. The design of the Xterra is the best of its class. It is a true SUV lovers SUV, with its cargo rack, running boards, rugged look, etc. The price of the Xterra is very reasonable too. Also, I haven't yet regreted not buying the FWD. Where I live, I don't usually need it.

Great
By bobo22222 on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This suv is great. the only problem i have found was that the wind can push it to easily

Durable, Functional, and a Great Ride
By kdeprey on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

After test driving the Ford Escape, Mazda Tribute, and sitting in a myriad of its competitors, I chose the Xterra for its durability, funtional interior, REAL 4X4, and masculine good looks. This is a truck and can be used like one, yet the ride is suprisingly smooth and comfortable. Something to note, the Tribute and Escape may seem to have "smoother, car- like rides", but in a world of Midwestern pot-holed streets, the Tribute and Escape's short wheelbase and compromised suspension leave the driver bouncing up and down constantly, in a choppy fashion. The Xterra soaks up bumps, distributing them through the solid truck frame.

great
By Tim nicholas on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great truck for off roading, but it drives like a truck....great music system........

This truck kicks ass!!
By swilson on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck kicks ass!! Great in the snow, mud and rain. Comfort for long legs unlike the Toyota 4Runner's cramped cockpit. Great heater onboard for those freezing cold mornings. Very responsive and easy to drive. The turning radius was a very pleasant surprise. Extremely happy with the purchase of this solid vehicle.